Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU plan
(08-01-2021, 09:59 PM)maisondel Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 09:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 09:26 PM)maisondel Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 02:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nope, I didn't create a degree plan for them.  I linked a previous post so may have confused the two.  Anyways, what would you recommend them to take to finish their degree?

Thanks, both! Asking about my aim, primary care in a private practice setting is my aim. Medical school is a large aim but being a non-traditional student with a family where I am the primary breadwinner cuts down the opportunities to go to schools far off or to stop supporting financially. So I am looking at all possibilities. I have a good sense of how to knock out BALS with Humanities, so I think I'm going to run with it.

Nursing is another option. As a follow-up to knocking out BALS, I see TESU has the Accelerated BSN program also for people looking to transition into that realm and become an RN. On that route, the goal would still be to get to independent practice as an ARNP. I've heard of others getting their RN and quickly running through WGU's program for ARNP quickly. So thats something thats seriously being considered as well.

TESU's Accelerated BSN program is for students who are already RN's and want to bridge over to a BSN.  So unless you're already an RN, this is not an option (nor are any other online RN-to-BSN options).  It's also crazy expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it.

No, this is pre-RN since it preps for the NCLEX and has students take TEAS during the pathway which is the entry level exam.

https://www.tesu.edu/nursing/programs/bs...am-details

This plan works, there may be cheaper alternatives to get into Nursing.  I agree going the WGU MSN route will be a very good option for your graduate studies.  Basically it'll be TESU BALS > TESU Accelerated BSN > WGU MSN ... now the question is, have you decided on your AOS courses to complete the BALS requirements?  You have the rest suggested already.  You should create a spreadsheet with your degree plan to use as a reference and regularly update it.

You can ladder an Associates into the TESU Accelerated BSN
TESU Link: https://www.tesu.edu/nursing/programs/bs...th-studies
Excelsior ASN and BSN alternative: https://www.excelsior.edu/programs/nursing/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok great news! Just received the full transcript evaluation and it looks like 95 credits have been applied and additional degree requirements were met with our Statewide Transfer Agreement. So the only things left look to be the following:

SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy - 3 credits
Social Sciences - 3 credits
History - 3 credits
Natural Sciences and Computer Science - 3 credits
Liberal Studies General Coursework - 9 credits
LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - 3 credits
Electives - 1 credit

For upper level classes over 300 level towards the 18 total UL credits, I have PHI-331, REL-368, and the upcoming capstone course that will will 9 credits. Any recommendations on other UL courses that will check the boxes on the above credits needed + the 3 needed UL courses?

Would something like this work?

SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy - 3 credits
Social Sciences - 3 credits - Introduction to Psychology @ Sophia
History - 3 credits - US History I @ Sophia
Scientific Knowledge - 3 credits - Introduction to Information Technology @ Sophia
Liberal Studies General Coursework - 9 credits
- Business 305: Leadership Communication @ study.com - UL
- Business 324: Managerial Communication @ study.com - UL
- Business 318: Management Ethics @ study.com - UL
LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - 3 credits
Electives - 1 credit - Developing Effective Teams @ Sophia
So you're going to pay $38k for a nursing program?? That's crazy. I'll bet you can find a cheaper post-bacc nursing program somewhere that's like ⅓ of that price, if not less.

That's not even including $5,100 for UNE science pre-reqs (or $3168 if you use Portage/Geneva College).

How about finding an RN program instead? And then doing a RN-to-BSN afterwards? Or literally anything other than TESU for the BSN.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-02-2021, 06:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So you're going to pay $38k for a nursing program??  That's crazy.  I'll bet you can find a cheaper post-bacc nursing program somewhere that's like ⅓ of that price, if not less.  

That's not even including $5,100 for UNE science pre-reqs (or $3168 if you use Portage/Geneva College).

How about finding an RN program instead? And then doing a RN-to-BSN afterwards?  Or literally anything other than TESU for the BSN.

Sorry, no I am not committing to nursing right now. As mentioned earlier, thats a secondary option. The main goal right now is to just finish the BALS and then dive into science pre-reqs. Thats the core no matter what path I go down. With the BALS being so close, lets just close that out.

Thoughts on the above course plan?
(08-02-2021, 06:31 PM)maisondel Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 06:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So you're going to pay $38k for a nursing program??  That's crazy.  I'll bet you can find a cheaper post-bacc nursing program somewhere that's like ⅓ of that price, if not less.  

How about finding an RN program instead? And then doing a RN-to-BSN afterwards?  Or literally anything other than TESU for the BSN.

Sorry, no I am not committing to nursing right now. As mentioned earlier, thats a secondary option. The main goal right now is to just finish the BALS and then dive into science pre-reqs. Thats the core no matter what path I go down. With the BALS being so close, lets just close that out.

Yup, that looks doable.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • maisondel
(08-02-2021, 06:31 PM)maisondel Wrote:

I show that you have more than enough credits, the electives are covered.  But it certainly won't kill you to take a 1cr Sophia course.

Other than that, I think your plan looks good. I agree that you should focus on the BALS, and then do the Sciences.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • maisondel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 55 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 72 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 65 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 120 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 623 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 246 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 250 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 372 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM