Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU plan
Diversity Intercultural Literacy - Sociology OR Approaches to Studying Relgions @ Sophia
Ethical Leadership - Introduction to Ethics @ Sophia. Take Greek Philosophers first (you don't HAVE to complete the course for credit but Ethics makes a lot more sense if you do at least everything aside from the essay)
Civic Engagement & Awareness - American Government @ InstantCert
Social Sciences - Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, OR Psychology @ Sophia (I highly recommend Psychology for you)
History - US History I or US History II @ Sophia
Natural Sciences & Computer Science - Introduction to Information Technology @ Sophia should meet this requirement
Electives - You could use Greek Philosophers @ Sophia for this or you could pick one of Sophia's 1-credit courses

Liberal Studies - You need 18 UL credits but 3 of those are met with the capstone. That means you need 15 UL credits or 5 classes. SL and Sophia don't have UL credits. I would suggest one or two Coopersmith courses and then 3 or 4 Study.com courses. That way, you hopefully wouldn't have to pay more than 2 months of SDC. But ONU is also an option. See https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...centration for UL credit options for Humanities.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Did you get a full evaluation already? From a quick glance, you may still be missing your APUS credits. You might want to do a "What if" evaluation and see how a BALS-Social Sciences come into play, you might be closer. I also agree with taking the bulk with Sophia.org and InstantCert for lower level requirements and electives. You can complete the UL with Coopersmith/Davar combo if you're not into assignments/writing.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-30-2021, 02:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you get a full evaluation already? From a quick glance, you may still be missing your APUS credits.  You might want to do a "What if" evaluation and see how a BALS-Social Sciences come into play, you might be closer.  I also agree with taking the bulk with Sophia.org and InstantCert for lower level requirements and electives.  You can complete the UL with Coopersmith/Davar combo if you're not into assignments/writing.

In addition to the transcripts that have been evaluated, they said the APUS transcripts will be evaluated 10 days after starting classes since they were received later. I received a primary evaluation which isnt official but was told PHIL310/PHIL-399 Chinese Thought (AOS), RELS351/REL-368 Buddhism (AOS), and COLL100/FEL-199 Foundations of Online Learning (Electives) will all transfer in.

BALS Social sciences actually comes in a little higher with credits left to complete by one course.
(07-30-2021, 02:58 PM)maisondel Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 02:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you get a full evaluation already? From a quick glance, you may still be missing your APUS credits.  You might want to do a "What if" evaluation and see how a BALS-Social Sciences come into play, you might be closer.  I also agree with taking the bulk with Sophia.org and InstantCert for lower level requirements and electives.  You can complete the UL with Coopersmith/Davar combo if you're not into assignments/writing.

In addition to the transcripts that have been evaluated, they said the APUS transcripts will be evaluated 10 days after starting classes since they were received later. I received a primary evaluation which isnt official but was told PHIL310/PHIL-399 Chinese Thought (AOS), RELS351/REL-368 Buddhism (AOS), and COLL100/FEL-199 Foundations of Online Learning (Electives) will all transfer in.

BALS Social sciences actually comes in a little higher with credits left to complete by one course.

Why would you get a SocSci concentration when literally your entire degree is FULL of Humanities courses?  That makes no sense.

I'd stick with a BALS w/o concentration, or do the Humanities concentration.  It really makes no difference.  But Art, Philosophy, Religion are all Humanities, so just go with what you have.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-30-2021, 04:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Why would you get a SocSci concentration when literally your entire degree is FULL of Humanities courses?  That makes no sense.

I'd stick with a BALS w/o concentration, or do the Humanities concentration.  It really makes no difference.  But Art, Philosophy, Religion are all Humanities, so just go with what you have.

LOL, I just asked a question... I did a quick scan of their credits, with the new changes to TESU - they were close to either the HUMS or the SS, so I just asked them to verify. Having 1 extra HUM over SS doesn't actually mean they may want to do that in the specific future. I don't agree with having a BALS without a concentration is better as they may want to do something with a concentration (18 credits in a concentration will allow them to teach if they ever wanted to go in that direction). That one course may sway them to the HUMS, it's up to them to decide, not for me to tell them. I just wanted to compare like I did here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Remaining

Furthermore, that was to start a chat/dialog with the user. I sure as heck want to know what they're looking for before I give "my" advice, it may not be "your advice" and the way you want to hear things. Thanks for answering for them, but I wasn't looking for an answer from you as you're not the one determining what the OP needs, he/she makes that decision, we can only see what's there and verify, ask more questions what they want and see if this or that will be what they're looking for. People look for options, some are better, some are worse, it's them to find out and make that final decision.

@OP - maisondel, thanks for letting me know it was just by 1 course... so, I was about to ask, which specialty are you wanting to get into at the MD level? If for example, you're heading to internal medicine, then either one would work, in fact a no concentration would do as well, it doesn't really matter as long as you get that RA degree. However, having said that, if your answer was say something like Psychiatry...

Well, then, that DOES matter. I would then change that from a HUMANITIES concentration to a SOCIAL SCIENCE, why? Easy, you want to have a feel for sociology/psychology courses, sure you'll take more at the MD level, but what if it's NOT your thing, you can decide by getting your feet wet and see... furthermore, a liberal arts degree is for learning different "arts/science subjects", expand on that.

And for those reading, an FYI, for a concentration in the BALS, it's just 3 UL/2 LL in that subject. You still need to hit 2 UL/3 LL in another liberal arts subject or more. If you do decide on a HUMS, you can take SS courses to finish the degree requirements, you don't have to stick with all HUMS subjects (the same is true if you want to get a SS concentration).

(07-31-2021, 12:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 04:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

LOL, I just asked a question... I did a quick scan of their credits, with the new changes to TESU - they were close to either the HUMS or the SS, so I just asked them to verify.  Having 1 extra HUM over SS doesn't actually mean they may want to do that in the specific future.  I don't agree with having a BALS without a concentration is better as they may want to do something with a concentration (18 credits in a concentration will allow them to teach if they ever wanted to go in that direction).  That one course may sway them to the HUMS, it's up to them to decide, not for me to tell them.  I just wanted to compare like I did here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Remaining

Furthermore, that was to start a chat/dialog with the user. I sure as heck want to know what they're looking for before I give "my" advice, it may not be "your advice" and the way you want to hear things.   Thanks for answering for them, but I wasn't looking for an answer from you as you're not the one determining what the OP needs, he/she makes that decision, we can only see what's there and verify, ask more questions what they want and see if this or that will be what they're looking for.   People look for options, some are better, some are worse, it's them to find out and make that final decision.

@OP - maisondel, thanks for letting me know it was just by 1 course...  so, I was about to ask, which specialty are you wanting to get into at the MD level? If for example, you're heading to internal medicine, then either one would work, in fact a no concentration would do as well, it doesn't really matter as long as you get that RA degree.  However, having said that, if your answer was say something like Psychiatry...  

Well, then, that DOES matter.  I would then change that from a HUMANITIES concentration to a SOCIAL SCIENCE, why? Easy, you want to have a feel for sociology/psychology courses, sure you'll take more at the MD level, but what if it's NOT your thing, you can decide by getting your feet wet and see... furthermore, a liberal arts degree is for learning different "arts/science subjects", expand on that.

And for those reading, an FYI, for a concentration in the BALS, it's just 3 UL/2 LL in that subject.  You still need to hit 2 UL/3 LL in another liberal arts subject or more.  If you do decide on a HUMS, you can take SS courses to finish the degree requirements, you don't have to stick with all HUMS subjects (the same is true if you want to get a SS concentration).

I made a degree plan for this student on my computer, they do not have a single social sciences course.  None.  Zero.  Every single credit they have is for Humanities (6cr UL and 27cr LL).  So I'm not seeing how you were able to get a SocSci concentration for them?  If they were to switch to SocSci, they would actually start to lose credits - they would have to take 18cr of SocSci, and there's only space for 9cr (all UL); so they would actually bring in 9cr of SocSci that would then boot out 3 courses from the LL AoS to Other Credits (Free Electives is completely full too).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-31-2021, 11:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I made a degree plan for this student on my computer, they do not have a single social sciences course.  None.  Zero.  Every single credit they have is for Humanities (6cr UL and 27cr LL).  So I'm not seeing how you were able to get a SocSci concentration for them?  If they were to switch to SocSci, they would actually start to lose credits - they would have to take 18cr of SocSci, and there's only space for 9cr (all UL); so they would actually bring in 9cr of SocSci that would then boot out 3 courses from the LL AoS to Other Credits (Free Electives is completely full too).

Nope, I didn't create a degree plan for them. I linked a previous post so may have confused the two. Anyways, what would you recommend them to take to finish their degree?

(08-01-2021, 02:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 11:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I made a degree plan for this student on my computer, they do not have a single social sciences course.  None.  Zero.  Every single credit they have is for Humanities (6cr UL and 27cr LL).  So I'm not seeing how you were able to get a SocSci concentration for them?  If they were to switch to SocSci, they would actually start to lose credits - they would have to take 18cr of SocSci, and there's only space for 9cr (all UL); so they would actually bring in 9cr of SocSci that would then boot out 3 courses from the LL AoS to Other Credits (Free Electives is completely full too).

Nope, I didn't create a degree plan for them.  I linked a previous post so may have confused the two.  Anyways, what would you recommend them to take to finish their degree?

Thanks, both! Asking about my aim, primary care in a private practice setting is my aim. Medical school is a large aim but being a non-traditional student with a family where I am the primary breadwinner cuts down the opportunities to go to schools far off or to stop supporting financially. So I am looking at all possibilities. I have a good sense of how to knock out BALS with Humanities, so I think I'm going to run with it.

Nursing is another option. As a follow-up to knocking out BALS, I see TESU has the Accelerated BSN program also for people looking to transition into that realm and become an RN. On that route, the goal would still be to get to independent practice as an ARNP. I've heard of others getting their RN and quickly running through WGU's program for ARNP quickly. So thats something thats seriously being considered as well.
(08-01-2021, 09:26 PM)maisondel Wrote:

Nope, I didn't create a degree plan for them.  I linked a previous post so may have confused the two.  Anyways, what would you recommend them to take to finish their degree?

Thanks, both! Asking about my aim, primary care in a private practice setting is my aim. Medical school is a large aim but being a non-traditional student with a family where I am the primary breadwinner cuts down the opportunities to go to schools far off or to stop supporting financially. So I am looking at all possibilities. I have a good sense of how to knock out BALS with Humanities, so I think I'm going to run with it.

Nursing is another option. As a follow-up to knocking out BALS, I see TESU has the Accelerated BSN program also for people looking to transition into that realm and become an RN. On that route, the goal would still be to get to independent practice as an ARNP. I've heard of others getting their RN and quickly running through WGU's program for ARNP quickly. So thats something thats seriously being considered as well.

TESU's Accelerated BSN program is for students who are already RN's and want to bridge over to a BSN.  So unless you're already an RN, this is not an option (nor are any other online RN-to-BSN options).  It's also crazy expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it.
(08-01-2021, 09:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 09:26 PM)maisondel Wrote:

TESU's Accelerated BSN program is for students who are already RN's and want to bridge over to a BSN.  So unless you're already an RN, this is not an option (nor are any other online RN-to-BSN options).  It's also crazy expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it.

No, this is pre-RN since it preps for the NCLEX and has students take TEAS during the pathway which is the entry level exam.

https://www.tesu.edu/nursing/programs/bs...am-details

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 585 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 200 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 185 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 382 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 212 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 483 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM