Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TESU quietly raised the residency waiver fee on us by $500...
I'm sorry, I was looking at the comprehensive tuition plan which went up for NJ residents from 6350 to 7300. Also the in state per credit went up very slightly. Sorry, I'm in NJ and didn't check out of state before I posted.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
Yeah I caught my mistake too and went back to edit my comment... Per credit tuition is the same for non-NJ, slight increase for you unlucky NJ folks
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
If I pay the residency waiver and tell them I'm still completing courses and that I should expect them to be finished by May 1st.

May 1st if I am not finished. Will my graduation roll over to September and the residency waiver covered? Or will I have to pay the extra 500?
yb1 Wrote:If I pay the residency waiver and tell them I'm still completing courses and that I should expect them to be finished by May 1st.

May 1st if I am not finished. Will my graduation roll over to September and the residency waiver covered? Or will I have to pay the extra 500?

I don't know.. I just emailed everyone tonight - admissions, bursar, advising. I'm sure they'll be inundated with similar requests tomorrow. I'm hoping they let us go ahead and pay at the current rate before April 1st even if we technically don't apply for graduation yet. I'm in the same boat. I have everything complete except the capstone but my final evaluation isn't done. They have the initial evaluation but its missing about 40 credits. I don't think I can apply for graduation without it saying "complete" according to their website. I was thinking the eval wouldn't be complete until maybe end of April and then I would apply around the time I finished the capstone. But who knows. This is a $700 jump if they don't honor the affiliate membership discount.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Y'all better join the military.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Y'all better join the military.

Been there, done that. I'll pay the extra $$$. Wink
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
I am so glad I joined TESU before all these changes took effect. I begged my sister to apply two years ago and though I understand she was not ready then, she just signed up this month and now will be paying higher tuition and have less degree options. I feel bad now for encouraging her to get a degree when she will have a harder time of it than I did. :-(
:imwithstupid:
Aleks - Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS - College Algebra
CLEP Intro to Sociology - 67
Straighterline - Business Ethics
TECEP-Liberal Arts Math - 89
TECEP-Computer Concepts and Applications - 82
TECEP-Introduction to Business - 72
cheersmate
Currently working on:
TESC AA General - Done!!!
TESC BA Social Science
TESC ASBA
Unless you've applied for graduation you'll have to pay the higher residency fee too. They might lock in your catalog but that doesn't lock in the tuition and fees.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Ladyplf Wrote:I am so glad I joined TESU before all these changes took effect. I begged my sister to apply two years ago and though I understand she was not ready then, she just signed up this month and now will be paying higher tuition and have less degree options. I feel bad now for encouraging her to get a degree when she will have a harder time of it than I did. :-(

She may have a harder time if you both want to take the BSBA Capstone as a TECEP and you do it before it goes away and she doesn't; but other than that, you will be paying the same price as she does for the tuition, as the catalog does not lock that in.

As for less degree options, I don't think that's necessarily true, in terms of difficulty. Yes, if she wanted a BA in NatSci/Math for example, that is no longer an option; BUT, she could still get a BALS with a concentration in NatSci/Math. And, the courses required are exactly the same.

I too feel bad for anyone who I encouraged to get a degree this way, who has waited (and waited and waited), but then again, it's certainly not my fault that the catalog changes, prices change, etc. But, there are also some upsides from not doing it back when; it's actually EASIER today than it ever has been to find courses. Course providers come and go, but there are certainly a LOT more now, and at cheaper prices, than there were even a year ago. Yes, a few have gone up, but most have gone down or stayed the same. And they are adding courses regularly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I applied for graduation but have not paid for my residency waiver yet. Do you think if I call and pay it today Will still be the old price? Who do I call to pay it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,931 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,030 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,296 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,327 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore