Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU restarting enrollment
Hi all,

I know that TESU enrollment is valid for one year; taking another course will restart that enrollment for another year. My current enrollment expires on January 15. My plan is to register for my capstone and start it in January, which works out perfectly. If, however, my plans don't pan out, is it still true that signing up for any TECEP will restart enrollment? I thought I saw that somewhere but wanted to double check.
Yes, signing up for a TECEP will restart enrollment. The cheapest one is Medical Terminology for $50.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-03-2020, 11:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, signing up for a TECEP will restart enrollment. The cheapest one is Medical Terminology for $50.

Thank you rachel83az!
I would just continue on the path you're on right now, if you're good with timing and on the right track, you should be good without the need to waste that $50. Even if you don't enrol and your timing elapses, you have 3 years before you're "fully inactive". I was inactive for 5 days before I re-enrolled with a TECEP earlier in July as the TECEP kicked in July 15 but my enrolment elapsed July 10th... I didn't want to risk it, as I don't know when I'll finish my Biology courses...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-03-2020, 04:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would just continue on the path you're on right now, if you're good with timing and on the right track, you should be good without the need to waste that $50.  Even if you don't enrol and your timing elapses, you have 3 years before you're "fully inactive".  I was inactive for 5 days before I re-enrolled with a TECEP earlier in July as the TECEP kicked in July 15 but my enrolment elapsed July 10th... I didn't want to risk it, as I don't know when I'll finish my Biology courses...

If something like this happens do you lose you catalog year? My enrollment is good until 11/11 but I messed up and forgot to enroll in my TECEP. I called today to enroll but the registrar was already gone for the day. I will have to call on Monday and see if they will possibly make an exception. Do I have any hope? Or should I redo my entire degree plan based on the me catalog? I've really messed up this time.
@ECH90, that's not a problem.  Nov term starts on the first of the month, late registrations are possible for TECEPS also, so, just register for the TECEP and leave it be, work on your other courses to finish off the degree requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-29-2021, 08:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @ECH90, that's not a problem.  Nov term starts on the first of the month, late registrations are possible for TECEPS also, so, just register for the TECEP and leave it be, work on your other courses to finish off the degree requirements.

Okay! Thank you I hope they will let me register Monday then! The website said today was the last day for late registration for the November term, but the registrar was gone for the day when I finally got a chance to call.
Sorry to change topic, i m thinking about 2nd AOS.
I m not sure which one i should sign up for yet. If i declare 2 AOS, can i drop one later on. ( if i change my mind) or must i finish both of them?
You are not forced to keep any AOS that you don't want. You can theoretically have six or seven degree "in progress". But you won't be allowed to graduate with all of them.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thank you  Shy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch