Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU's ASNSM in Computer Science degree plan help
Hello everyone,

My brother is starting from scratch. I have tried to tell him that WGU is a better option in my opinion but he likes the idea of not having the time constraints that WGU has per 6 month term. He feels that TESU will be more flexible for him. He is targeting an ASNSM in Computer Science. He will probably pursue a BACS later but for the time being he needs to prove to himself that he is capable of even completing courses online. I can relate because I went though this myself with having to prove to myself that I was even capable of finishing courses online.

He would like an ASNSM in Computer Science degree plan at TESU with courses primarily from Sophia. He likes the idea of Sophia giving him more time. Study.com classes are a second option but he prefers Sophia. I plan on putting a degree plan together for him after everyone returns from Christmas break. I am hoping the resident degree planning wizard(s) might already have this info. 

Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Degree Plan attached. This is based on what has transferred for me in the past with the exception of College Algebra. I took it with Aleks but I think my brother should take it at Sophia.org

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU_ASNSM_CS2.xlsx (Size: 10.88 KB / Downloads: 91)

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • doom
(12-25-2019, 12:58 AM)AwardTour Wrote: Degree Plan attached. This is based on what has transferred for me in the past with the exception of College Algebra. I took it with Aleks but I think my brother should take it at Sophia.org

Hey AwardTour,

I've done the majority of my GE credits through Sophia.org - in the same camp of needing a huge amount of flexibility for the same price as Study.com (when you get the Sophia courses on sale).

Can also do: 

Eng Comp II = Sophia.org English Comp II (new last month, so I will confirm with my advisor that I can transfer it in!)
Quant Lit = CSMLearn

HTH!!!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • AwardTour
It looks good except the TEEX is no longer usable for CS at TESU. I've attached my BACS plan, he can choose some of the other CS electives there to fill in the those CS elective spots.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2966
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • AwardTour
(12-26-2019, 06:41 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(12-25-2019, 12:58 AM)AwardTour Wrote: Degree Plan attached. This is based on what has transferred for me in the past with the exception of College Algebra. I took it with Aleks but I think my brother should take it at Sophia.org

Hey AwardTour,

I've done the majority of my GE credits through Sophia.org - in the same camp of needing a huge amount of flexibility for the same price as Study.com (when you get the Sophia courses on sale).

Can also do: 

Eng Comp II = Sophia.org English Comp II (new last month, so I will confirm with my advisor that I can transfer it in!)
Quant Lit = CSMLearn

HTH!!!

I will need to look into CSMLearn, I have heard it mentioned multiple times but I don't know anything about it. From what I understand, College Algebra at Sophia will transfer to fulfill the Quant Lit requirement.

(12-28-2019, 11:42 AM)davewill Wrote: It looks good except the TEEX is no longer usable for CS at TESU. I've attached my BACS plan, he can choose some of the other CS electives there to fill in the those CS elective spots.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2966

Thanks for responding and confirming that TEEX is no longer able to transfer for CS at TESU. Thanks also for sharing your BACS plan. I will download it to help guide him.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 288 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 241 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 208 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 272 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538