Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU started my evaluation
OK, received an email this morning that my academic evaluation was complete. Also received an email that they received the transcript from WGU. Guess which transcript was NOT included with the evaluation. Isn't that just a kick in the balls. Le sigh. At least I can request one more evaluation before I enroll, but I don't want to waste a second evaluation until I've at least knocked out some additional requirements.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(10-11-2019, 09:47 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: OK, received an email this morning that my academic evaluation was complete. Also received an email that they received the transcript from WGU. Guess which transcript was NOT included with the evaluation. Isn't that just a kick in the balls. Le sigh. At least I can request one more evaluation before I enroll, but I don't want to waste a second evaluation until I've at least knocked out some additional requirements.
My understanding is that adding a transcript from a new source to your existing evaluation does not use up one of your two evaluations. An extra evaluation happens only when a) You want to get an evaluation for a different degree or b) You send an updated transcript from a source you've already sent a transcript from
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • jamshid666
(10-11-2019, 11:12 AM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 09:47 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: OK, received an email this morning that my academic evaluation was complete.  Also received an email that they received the transcript from WGU.  Guess which transcript was NOT included with the evaluation.  Isn't that just a kick in the balls.  Le sigh.  At least I can request one more evaluation before I enroll, but I don't want to waste a second evaluation until I've at least knocked out some additional requirements.
My understanding is that adding a transcript from a new source to your existing evaluation does not use up one of your two evaluations. An extra evaluation happens only when a) You want to get an evaluation for a different degree or b) You send an updated transcript from a source you've already sent a transcript from

That's good to know, I sent them an email asking why it wasn't included in the evaluation, so hopefully I get a response in a couple days.  In the meantime, I have a general idea of what I need to focus on.  The only thing that I believe would be applicable from WGU is the project management course, so I'll hold off on that requirement until I get an answer from TESU. Is there a way to export the evaluation in a PDF format?

(10-11-2019, 11:20 AM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 09:47 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: OK, received an email this morning that my academic evaluation was complete.  Also received an email that they received the transcript from WGU.  Guess which transcript was NOT included with the evaluation.  Isn't that just a kick in the balls.  Le sigh.  At least I can request one more evaluation before I enroll, but I don't want to waste a second evaluation until I've at least knocked out some additional requirements.

That's good to know, I sent them an email asking why it wasn't included in the evaluation, so hopefully I get a response in a couple days.  In the meantime, I have a general idea of what I need to focus on.  The only thing that I believe would be applicable from WGU is the project management course, so I'll hold off on that requirement until I get an answer from TESU.  Is there a way to export the evaluation in a PDF format?

Nevermind, I just highlighted the evaluation and printed the selected text using the PDF printer, that works well enough.

And I just got a reply back from TESU.  You are correct, they added my WGU transcript to the queue to be added to my current evaluation, so I don't have to use the second one yet.

Attached Files
.pdf   Academic Evaluation-JLW-20191011.pdf (Size: 217.33 KB / Downloads: 14)
John L. Watson
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
You should have them move the Ethics PHI384 from Diversity to Ethics and then have them move your Princ of Sociology SOC1510 from OTHER (not used) to Diversity.

Edit: Also the PSC3470 American Foreign Policy should fit into the Civic Engagement (Out of Electives) and have them move something like ENG-201 Technical Writing for Electives
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-11-2019, 12:31 PM)allvia Wrote: You should have them move the Ethics PHI384 from Diversity to Ethics and then have them move your Princ of Sociology SOC1510 from OTHER (not used) to Diversity.

I was thinking the same thing.  And then when I take the proctored exam for American Government on Study.com, I will be done with that section.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(10-11-2019, 12:33 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 12:31 PM)allvia Wrote: You should have them move the Ethics PHI384 from Diversity to Ethics and then have them move your Princ of Sociology SOC1510 from OTHER (not used) to Diversity.

I was thinking the same thing.  And then when I take the proctored exam for American Government on Study.com, I will be done with that section.

Also the PSC3470 American Foreign Policy should fit into the Civic Engagement (Out of Electives) and have them move something like ENG-201 Technical Writing for Electives
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • jamshid666
How long does TESU take to evaluate a transcript? They have had it since the 2nd and my transcript has yet to be updated. They emailed me a few days ago saying they received it, but nothing has been added. I always thought it only took a week?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
If they don't like the Princ of Sociology SOC1510 for Diversity (although they should), you could move that to Electives, and move up REL1030 Intro to Religion into Diversity.  This is not the best use of credit placements.  I think you may have overwhelmed the person doing it with the sheer amount of credits, ha (seriously you have so many) - it is almost like they let the "what if" tool do it and the human did not double check the placements as I am doing right now.  It is likely other forum members may see things too that can be moved.  Other than the required SOS-110, for things not in your Business CORE or AOS you should only be short Comp I & II
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • jamshid666
(10-11-2019, 12:46 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: How long does TESU take to evaluate a transcript?  They have had it since the 2nd and my transcript has yet to be updated.  They emailed me a few days ago saying they received it, but nothing has been added.  I always thought it only took a week?

The standard seems to be about 20 business days...call it a month. If there's an urgent need, like needing to register for the capstone, you can request them to expedite.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-11-2019, 12:46 PM)allvia Wrote: I think you may have overwhelmed the person doing it with the sheer amount of credits, ha (seriously you have so many) 

LOL, yeah, I've bounced around a lot educationally speaking.  I still have rookie numbers compared to some people on this board though.  I'd love to see a consolidated transcript for someone like LifeLongLearning.

(10-11-2019, 01:00 PM)davewill Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 12:46 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: How long does TESU take to evaluate a transcript?  They have had it since the 2nd and my transcript has yet to be updated.  They emailed me a few days ago saying they received it, but nothing has been added.  I always thought it only took a week?

The standard seems to be about 20 business days...call it a month. If there's an urgent need, like needing to register for the capstone, you can request them to expedite.

They received the majority of my transcripts between Sept. 23 and Sept. 30.  The started my evaluation on Monday (Oct. 7) and finished up this morning with the exception of the WGU transcript that also just arrived this morning.  Suffice to say, they started the evaluation 10 days after receiving my first transcript and about 10 business days to complete from when they received the last transcript.  Based on this, I expect it will take about 10 business days for me to see the addition of the WGU credits to my evaluation.  I'm betting this 10 business day window varies based on how many transcripts are in the queue at any given point in time, but that's what it currently looks like based on my observations.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 725 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 272 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch