Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU?
Hello everyone, my friend recently received an email after waiting a long time for her graduation application. It said that she was short 13 credits and the way it's worded sounds like they need to be taken at TESU? She took the capstone class, and had the cornerstone waived through Study.com. Neither of us see anywhere that mentions a minimum number of classes taken through the university itself. Are well reading it wrong or what? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files
.jpg   20180905_094622.jpg (Size: 74.5 KB / Downloads: 30)
The only two courses you need to take at TESU are the Cornerstone (which you stated your friend had waived when that was an option) and the Capstone.  Everything else can be transferred in.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Ok I asked a friend, and he said that it must mean the in state required courses and she just has to pay the residency waiver and she's good, does that sound right?
I can't read what you posted, it's too blurry and too small for my old eyes. But to answer your question, she just needs to take those 13 credits wherever she wants, transfer them in, apply for graduation, pay the residency waiver, and then graduate.

If she posts her eval on here, we can help figure out what she needs, and the fastest/cheapest way to get those credits.

Remember to erase any personal info.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sorry about the picture quality, it reads:
You have been audited for a BA in Liberal Studies. Your enrollment program requires that you take a certain number of Thomas Edison State University courses before you can graduate and you have 13 credits left to be completed, to fulfill that requirement. If you do not intend to meet the academic residency requirement of the University, you must pay a residency waiver of $1800.
That has to be a canned email response (that they have not updated) as the residency waiver did increase to $2200 as of July 2018 with the Study.com affiliation that your friend has.  Or had they already paid the waiver while it was still $1800?

As dfrecore stated, you can earn those missing credits through any source that TESU accepts (ie Study.com, SL, CLEP, etc).  Curious what degree and what are they missing? Do they already have all the ULs needed for the AOS?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I believe it's liberal studies, she got a lot of credits through Shmoop right before they got cut off, they sent her an email saying they would honor them, but took a long time to respond to her request for graduation. as far as I know she should have more than 120 credits but her academic evaluation hasn't been updated so she's not sure what she's missing.
(09-05-2018, 10:19 AM)Rteurowise Wrote: I believe it's liberal studies, she got a lot of credits through Shmoop right before they got cut off, they sent her an email saying they would honor them, but took a long time to respond to her request for graduation. as far as I know she should have more than 120 credits but her academic evaluation hasn't been updated so she's not sure what she's missing.

whether or not she's missing classes doesn't change the fee. It's a fee for people who (like your friend) don't take classes with TESU. It essentially "buys out" that obligation.
It's a terrible email.

It should say "if you don't take 16cr through TESU, then you will have to pay the residency fee." The fee is in lieu of paying for their courses. It sounds expensive, but is actually a very good deal.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore