Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG - UMASS GLOBAL ( RANT)
Most of us have been wondering how this institution works, and I can tell you that it has been the worst thing I have ever seen in the history of distance learning. It's almost impossible to get in touch with someone who can help you right away without being put on hold for 30 minutes, sent to the wrong department, or waiting 2–3 days for an email with a valid answer. When it comes to what was sent and what was received, application updates and transcript status are completely wrong. I heard from someone who said they got a transcript that I never sent. According to the success coach/enrollment counselor I was working with, a curriculum evaluation takes 7 to 10 business days to finish. On this forum, there are people who can evaluate a curriculum in less than 30 minutes. To be fair, I know that the school has a lot of students, but I don't know what kind of workflow system is in place for a curriculum evaluation to take 7 to 10 business days. Also, the application process took 7–10 business days and evaluating a new curriculum took the same amount of time. HOLD ON, THERE'S MORE!!! It takes 7 to 10 business days to package up financial aid. And let me remind everyone that when I apply to schools, I already know what they need because I sent everything in on the same day and process my financial aid a month before I start school. NO EXCUSE. When I finally got to talk to my enrollment/coach, they had no idea where my information was or they had to dig through their email to find the UPDATES I sent them after two weeks. If the Admission process is this horrendous imagine with the grading process will be like. I'm lucky that I've already applied to several graduate programs, like WGU. In 5 business days, they updated all of my information, got my transcripts, did a curriculum evaluation, set up my degree plan, and put together the paperwork for my financial aid. WGU HERE WE COME!!!!
Oh dear! That sounds very frustrating. What program were you applying to at UMASS?
Hopefully you have a great experience at WGU.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(06-08-2022, 10:51 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Oh dear!   That sounds very frustrating.  What program were you applying to at UMASS?
Hopefully you have a great experience at WGU.
Was the grad MAOL program. But now I'm doing the Master Health Leadership at WGU.
OUCH, I would have thought they worked on those "kinks" like UMPI did with their MAOL... the system they use are the same and well, they should have... I guess moving over to WGU was the proper choice. I thought you would go the MSML option but instead you chose Health Leadership, that's a much different field than Organizational or Management Leadership.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
WGU takes months to package their financial aid for first time students. Many schools take 7-10 days or longer to process applications. Transfer evaluations take weeks at many schools. The enrollment counselors aren't college employees. They're hired as a third party. Lots of schools work this way. I don't see any red flags in the application process.
(06-08-2022, 01:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote: WGU takes months to package their financial aid for first time students. Many schools take 7-10 days or longer to process applications. Transfer evaluations take weeks at many schools. The enrollment counselors aren't college employees. They're hired as a third party. Lots of schools work this way. I don't see any red flags in the application process.

WGU got me taking care of in 5 days. Refund viewable and all

(06-08-2022, 01:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OUCH, I would have thought they worked on those "kinks" like UMPI did with their MAOL... the system they use are the same and well, they should have... I guess moving over to WGU was the proper choice.  I thought you would go the MSML option but instead you chose Health Leadership, that's a much different field than Organizational or Management Leadership.
MSML? I thought that was the Master of Health Leadership was lol
WGU had my financial aid for 3 months and I never heard a word about it. You're very lucky. I frequently see people complaining how long WGU takes processing financial aid applications.

MSML = Master of Science in Management & Leadership
Waiting a couple weeks for different processes can be frustrating, but it's pretty common in academia.

Glad you found something that works better for you.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • katsiki
jb0433 Wrote:MSML? I thought that was the Master of Health Leadership was lol

So which program are you registered in?  There is a difference to the MHL you mentioned and the MSML that I referred to.

MSML: Business Master's in Management and Leadership - Online | WGU
MHL: Masters in Healthcare Leadership Administration Online (wgu.edu)

The UMPI MAOL and UMASS MAOL is more in line with the WGU MSML
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-08-2022, 02:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
jb0433 Wrote:MSML? I thought that was the Master of Health Leadership was lol

So which program are you registered in?  There is a difference to the MHL you mentioned and the MSML that I referred to.

MSML: Business Master's in Management and Leadership - Online | WGU
MHL: Masters in Healthcare Leadership Administration Online (wgu.edu)

The UMPI MAOL and UMASS MAOL is more in line with the WGU MSML

I went with the Master in Health Leadership. I'm in the healthcare field so it make more sense. The MAOL was just to fast pace the masters get in a doctoral program in healthcare. But now I found out WGU have the MHL program is even better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jb0433's post:
  • carrythenothing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdue Global or SNHU upgrayedd 8 168 1 hour ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  New CBE Accelerated MBA from UMass Global Jonathan Whatley 2 1,512 03-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,810 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ASU Global Leadership & Personal Development thodeptrai 15 2,709 05-21-2022, 01:04 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  UMASS Global MAOL jb0433 19 2,932 05-04-2022, 05:04 PM
  Upgrad/SSBM Geneva - Global DBA - 36 months, $11K USD bjcheung77 10 3,111 04-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Brandman/UMASS Global MSOL TheAlternativeBachelor 2 1,082 12-03-2021, 02:35 PM
  Purdue Global Micro-credentials Alpha 0 740 06-28-2021, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Grassroots Workshops: $120+/Credit Hour: Brandman/UMass Global? eriehiker 4 1,240 04-09-2021, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Thorne
  Macquarie Global MBA bigrivergroup 4 1,882 03-24-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: innen_oda