Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Taco Bell Free College
Taco bell offers tuition completely free at select schools and you get this benefit on day one of working there! No waiting to get the benefits. Almost all of these schools allow 90 credits transfer and many accept ace. They even have some self paced programs like brandman and even a self paced masters degree though Brandman too.

Here is the list: https://tacobell.guildeducation.com/cata...ytics=true
 I think the way to do this would be to take a bunch of free/cheap ace or Clep. Or even just cheap self paced RA courses to speed things up. Then work the minimum hours at taco bell (I think 20 hours a week) while pursing you bachelor's degree online for free. If you transfer in all but 30 credits this means you can finish your degree in a year or less if you worked at it for free.
I think this is pretty good deal and for those of us frustrated with the changes the big 3 has been making. The big downside is you have to work at taco bell.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • MNomadic, StoicJ
Too bad that this isn't a buy 10 chalupas get 1 college class free thing. Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • MNomadic, NC Coach
Interestingly enough it looks like they have Master's degrees as part of their offerings. Not sure if they'd be free or just discounted.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-11-2021, 12:41 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Interestingly enough it looks like they have Master's degrees as part of their offerings. Not sure if they'd be free or just discounted.

It tells you. The Masters all fall into the max 5250 per year. However I don't know how much the programs cost. I know Brandman self paced for example is less than that per term. So if someone finished in one term or even even two terms it would be free. Also I believe the 5250 is per calendar year so it all depends when you start your schooling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • rachel83az
Yeah - I'm gonna get a job at Taco Bell! LOL, just kidding... Most employers have some tuition assistance/reimbursement of some kind and that's what they're using. Chipotle for example also has this, but I don't think many will provide it on the first day of work, some go through a probation period basis. But employee benefits/tuition reimbursements are the way to go, other than that, unions who provide similar deals...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts
(02-11-2021, 02:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah - I'm gonna get a job at Taco Bell! LOL, just kidding... Most employers have some tuition assistance/reimbursement of some kind and that's what they're using.  Chipotle for example also has this, but I don't think many will provide it on the first day of work, some go through a probation period basis.  But employee benefits/tuition reimbursements are the way to go, other than that, unions who provide similar deals...
Any remote jobs there?  Big Grin

Do not like their food, but I'll take a free degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-11-2021, 02:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah - I'm gonna get a job at Taco Bell! LOL, just kidding... Most employers have some tuition assistance/reimbursement of some kind and that's what they're using.  Chipotle for example also has this, but I don't think many will provide it on the first day of work, some go through a probation period basis.  But employee benefits/tuition reimbursements are the way to go, other than that, unions who provide similar deals...
Yeah things that stood out to me that Taco bells program is different from most others:

1) it clearly states you can use this benefit on day one of employment. This is crazy to me. Meaning with proper planning one wouldn't have to work at taco bell a super long time.

2) a good portion of the degrees are 100% free (most other tuition Reimbursement programs are maxed out at 5250)

3) they offer high school diploma, associates, bachelor's and masters degrees and it doesn't say anything about having a degree. Sounds like anyone can qualify. (Starbucks asu program for example you are ineligible if you already have a bachelor's degree)

I know a lot of companies offer it. But that doesn't mean it is good.

One my jobs had it and it was frustrating. There were so many requirements: employed for 6 months, certain number of hours worked before and during the classes, had to be work related, had to get approved before you started the class, tons of paperwork and just all around a frustrating process. And you had to get a certain grade and we were limited to $1000 per year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • jch
I worked at Taco Bell in high school and it was hell. $5000 towards a degree is not worth the work. I mean they pay minimum wage so think about that a bit. These programs typically also have stipulations such as company/management approval for the company paying your tuition. Meaning if you're going for a business hospitality degree they'll pay but if you want a degree in philosophy or art history or auto mechanics, they won't pay. There's usually a minimum grade for them to pay as well.
This is one I've been researching (Guild Education is the same company that does it for Verizon, Walmart & Chipotle). For a recent high school grad with little to no work experience, this would be an ideal situation:

1) minimal work requirements (20 hours/wk), starts on day one

2) for the "fully funded" degrees at Bellevue U, SNHU, Wilmington U, and Brandman U, this means no out-of-pocket costs - the company pays the school directly, and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how much they'll pay in a year

3) no limit to what type of degree you can get (so not limited to IT, Business, etc.).

One of my daughter's friends may come to live with us, she'll be 18 and won't have any money other than what she can make working, parents who won't fill out the FAFSA for her, and she can't get the job she really wants until she's older (she wants to be a flight attendant). So we've talked, and she is very open to getting 90cr of ACE and working at one of these places for the free tuition, getting her degree in a year, and then moving onto another job to get some good experience under her belt.

For someone in her circumstances, it's perfect. If she needs a job anyway, why not one that will pay for her college.

But I can certainly see that this is not idea for everyone. Really, it's not meant to be ideal, and most people at these companies are not going to take advantage of this (or stick around long enough to do more than a few courses).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic
A lot of people have to work in jobs that are hell anyway when they lack a degree. I wish this was a thing a few years ago and that more companies offered college benefits. I would've liked working retail a lot better if I'd have been able to get a college degree at the time.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • monchevy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 270 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South Texas College CBE Construction, HVACR, & Electrician Technology Jonathan Whatley 2 383 12-09-2023, 05:25 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,092 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  College Mascots ItsNeverTheLionsYear 17 937 11-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  FREE SUMMER TUITION gams007 4 868 05-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Nichols College BS in Business Administration karehiro 25 3,349 04-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPN
  Snow College accelerated AS - review/help IReallyNeedADegree 43 3,057 03-21-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  What is the best college/option for me? ZKL111 20 2,106 03-17-2023, 02:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Age 55 and older discounts for online college? pluggingalong 4 794 03-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SNHU Free Elective Suggestion chipNdale2077 4 2,288 10-27-2022, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77