Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Taco Bell Free College
(02-11-2021, 05:15 PM)freeloader Wrote: I haven’t looked into this Taco Bell program, but a couple years ago I considered picking up a part time job for an education benefit along these lines. I asked about it in an interview. Turns out, it was only offered at corporate stores and I had applied to a franchise store. I ended up asking to withdraw my application, the education benefit was only one reason I did so.

Just a recommendation that people do their due diligence on these programs. Many stores and restaurants, including a lot that are on college campuses, in truck stops, at airports and train stations, and in other institutional setting along with many franchised locations do not participate in these programs!

Good to point out.  You should always check to make sure that the program applies to the site you work at.

Also, it could go away at any time, so making sure you choose a school you can afford if the company decides to cancel the program is important.  I would do 1-2 courses at a time, and make sure they're paid in full before signing up for additional courses.  OR, if you're going with a company that reimburses you, never owe for more than 1-2 courses.

Some companies have worked out discounts with schools, so even though you have to pay for it, it's a lot less: Pizza Hut has worked out a 50% discount for EC. That means that classes are $250/cr as long as you take 12/13cr there, and you can get a degree for $3,770 (tuition and fees at EC).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-11-2021, 05:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:15 PM)freeloader Wrote: I haven’t looked into this Taco Bell program, but a couple years ago I considered picking up a part time job for an education benefit along these lines. I asked about it in an interview. Turns out, it was only offered at corporate stores and I had applied to a franchise store. I ended up asking to withdraw my application, the education benefit was only one reason I did so.

Just a recommendation that people do their due diligence on these programs. Many stores and restaurants, including a lot that are on college campuses, in truck stops, at airports and train stations, and in other institutional setting along with many franchised locations do not participate in these programs!

Good to point out.  You should always check to make sure that the program applies to the site you work at.

Also, it could go away at any time, so making sure you choose a school you can afford if the company decides to cancel the program is important.  I would do 1-2 courses at a time, and make sure they're paid in full before signing up for additional courses.  OR, if you're going with a company that reimburses you, never owe for more than 1-2 courses.

Some companies have worked out discounts with schools, so even though you have to pay for it, it's a lot less: Pizza Hut has worked out a 50% discount for EC. That means that classes are $250/cr as long as you take 12/13cr there, and you can get a degree for $3,770 (tuition and fees at EC).

I'd like to add something else to consider on programs like this: I don't know what Taco Bell's policy is, but my employer reimburses me up to $5,000 per year for education and certifications, as long as they are job-related.  The catch is that I have to maintain my employment for at least one year past the reimbursement date or I have to pay that money back to the company.  I love where I work, so that's not a concern for me, but always find out what the "gotcha's" are when you sign on for something like this.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(02-11-2021, 05:17 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:14 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
You done ranting? I was simply saying we can not comment on each other's posts. If there was a way to block you I would have ages ago. I have told you this before. I would also not say I'm an expert on UMPI. I know a lot about it, yes, but I'm not an expert and I still people they need to contact UMPI all the time. I didn't tell anyone to ignore you correcting me. Oh why do I bother with you.

What is WRONG with you?!

You're welcome to take up any issue you personally have with me in a pm. 
I'm not going to get into the interpersonal problems here, but I would like to ask that we try and keep these things from derailing discussions. Personally, I've had a few threads that were pretty useful for awhile, but then I stopped looking at the updates because they became so crowded with arguments that really didn't contribute anything. If we can move all that (and even this comment) to some other place, that would be good. Thanks!
[-] The following 3 users Like ylmir's post:
  • MNomadic, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 273 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South Texas College CBE Construction, HVACR, & Electrician Technology Jonathan Whatley 2 384 12-09-2023, 05:25 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,093 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  College Mascots ItsNeverTheLionsYear 17 941 11-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  FREE SUMMER TUITION gams007 4 868 05-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Nichols College BS in Business Administration karehiro 25 3,349 04-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPN
  Snow College accelerated AS - review/help IReallyNeedADegree 43 3,059 03-21-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  What is the best college/option for me? ZKL111 20 2,106 03-17-2023, 02:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Age 55 and older discounts for online college? pluggingalong 4 795 03-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SNHU Free Elective Suggestion chipNdale2077 4 2,292 10-27-2022, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77