Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking Clep Tests on Active Duty?
MamaB, is only a spouse but from my (co-)experience. Husband always got time to do it during work hours. Most superiors support soldiers getting college credits.
We are lucky that the Testing Center is 2 min walking from husbands office and he can do them using partly his lunch break.
Reading this thread gave me a good laugh, and a break from my cramming. Man oh man am I glad I'm in the Air Force and not the Army. Yeehaw!!
mxrider812 Wrote:Reading this thread gave me a good laugh, and a break from my cramming. Man oh man am I glad I'm in the Air Force and not the Army. Yeehaw!!

It's okay to be scared..hilarious

The craziest thing is, I'm here in Afghanistan and half of my guys are Airforce. And my best trooper is a smartass SrA.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
And whats wrong with the Army?

mxrider812 Wrote:Reading this thread gave me a good laugh, and a break from my cramming. Man oh man am I glad I'm in the Air Force and not the Army. Yeehaw!!
AAS Environmental Safety and Securities Technologies Dec-2011
Working on BA Intellegence Studies Counterterrorism at AMU!
Aleks: Beginners Algebra 72%, College Algebra 83%, Intermediate Algebra 88%, Pre-Calculus 75%, Business Stats 73%
FEMA: 51 Completed
ACE Credits: 18
Military AARTS: 18
24 UoP Credits: GEN200, IT105, COM120, COMM215, HIS145, SCI100, MATH208, MATH209,
DSST-Here's to Your Health--423 (PASS) AUG 15, 2011
DSST Technical Writing--49 (PASS) SEP 01, 2011
StraighterLine: Economics I Macroeconomics 89.7% Economics II Microeconomics 90.2%, Intro to Biology with lab 90.6%, Western Civ I 77.5%,
US History I 82% All Done!

CCAF is a great deal. There has been considerable talk over the years of creating a "Community College of the Armed Forces" but that would be hard on CCAF because of accreditation requirements. It's tough enough to maintain SACS accreditation as it is with a lot of tech school instructors with only 2 year degrees. Expanding that to a lot of other schools in other branches would be a huge effort.

However, CCAF has incorporated METC and this grants CCAF credit for some Army/Navy/USMC students who go through the consolidated medical training now at Ft Sam. I'd love to see stuff like that expanded to give more soldiers/sailors/marines the opportunity to get more credit.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
CLEP101 Wrote:It's okay to be scared..hilarious

The craziest thing is, I'm here in Afghanistan and half of my guys are Airforce. And my best trooper is a smartass SrA.

And I bet you aren't in a "joint" billet either right? I was AF NCO working for an Army artillery Capt who reported to an AF AWACS pilot who reported to an Army brigade commander, and I worked with Marine ETTs and our own resident Navy EOD team. And we weren't "joint" either. Confusedmilelol:
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
dcan Wrote:And I bet you aren't in a "joint" billet either right?

Yep, we are a Joint Command, but Army in charge of the Task Forces. Withing our shops or sections, we might have OICs or NCOICs of other branches though depending on specialties. Like our Tactical Radio section has an Army Chief Warrant Officer 3 as OIC and a Navy ITC and NCOIC, 3 Airmen and 4 Soldiers. We're all mixed up but work very well together. I think even better than if we had all Army only..:confused:
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
CLEP101 Wrote:Yep, we are a Joint Command, but Army in charge of the Task Forces. Withing our shops or sections, we might have OICs or NCOICs of other branches though depending on specialties. Like our Tactical Radio section has an Army Chief Warrant Officer 3 as OIC and a Navy ITC and NCOIC, 3 Airmen and 4 Soldiers. We're all mixed up but work very well together. I think even better than if we had all Army only..:confused:

I'm Air Force, but I loved my Army folks serving along side while I was deployed. There's always a bunch of trash talk, but in the end the Army takes care of their people (from what I've seen at least).
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Louisville - Masters (Active Duty) bjcheung77 0 659 06-16-2023, 12:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,876 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,791 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,323 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Principle of Marketing CLEP Lyle912 1 1,959 04-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CLEP/DSST Exams jchef15 1 3,292 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Last Post: dcan
  How many Classes is it safe to take a year while on active duty? EazyE 14 7,963 06-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for clep preppyboy 4 2,782 04-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Taking a break between Associates and Bachelors mps2015 8 3,271 01-01-2017, 08:15 AM
Last Post: 25BangBang
  Veterans - Tests Approved for Reimbursement jmeitrem 7 2,236 03-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning