Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teach myself Accounting
How would I teach myself Intro financial accounting in 48 hours with basically no knowledge of the subject? Any thoughts or suggestions?
It's one of the hardest classes I took in college, I don't think it's possible. Sorry
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
I don't think it's possible in 48 hours, but then again, the entire Modern States courses are 24 hours - yes, 4 weeks, 6 hours a week, total is 24 hours. Plus, if you can knock out that Sophia Accounting course in 24 hours - there is your 48 hours! Go get them cowgirl! Oh oh, and then there's the 24 hour onlinedegree.com accounting course, again roughly 24 hours you can get that done. Last but not least, there are the "youtube" crash course series and a whole slew of other options, just learn the basics with all of these options!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • MNomadic, Muldoon
If you want credit for intro accounting, sit down with the Sophia course and don't leave until your done. You won't understand accounting until you've actually work with it for a month or two. It is so hard when you don't understand the mechanics and so easy when you do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Guy's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
(04-04-2020, 05:26 PM)Old Guy Wrote: If you want credit for intro accounting, sit down with the Sophia course and don't leave until your done.  You won't understand accounting until you've actually work with it for a month or two.  It is so hard when you don't understand the mechanics and so easy when you do.

I agree, T-charts and debits and credits are all theory until you make a gazillion journal entries (and all of those ones to correct what you did because instead of doing it right, you doubled everything).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Update:

Sophia: accounting module 1 is finished and started the other modules. Basically did most of it but the milestones. You can't actually learn accounting from sophia maybe learn about accounting. My local CC and other schools have an (optional) intro to accounting course you can take before financial or managerial accounting I feel like this what this would be. Not bad but if anyone took this for their bsba with no accounting knowledge I doubt they know much. They have a section with different jobs people in accounting do which isn't bad but isn't doing accounting. Plus you could just search the answers in the text which isn't really applying the knowledge. I definitely learned a few things but not enough to know the skills. At 99% score for the course so far but I did go slow and carefully and double checked each question. You only have to do 1 question but I did all 3 even if I got the first one right. Also, I am not bashing it or saying it is a bad course though.

onlinedegree.com: Wow! this is amazing. this videos are really good and break it down so I understand. This is far superior to sophias as far as actually learning accounting. I've tried onlinedegree.com before and this is my favorite course from them so far. Not enough practice problems but all the videos repeat so you actually understand the concepts. Over a third of they way done with the course. If anyone is getting a bsba I would recommend this over sophia. Especially if you are a finance or accounting major or plan on getting an mba, probably would prepare you way more. But since Sophia is free right now you could even do both and learn even more.

I actually understand accounting like 300% more than I did yesterday. The internet is amazing.

I do plan on finishing both of these courses soon to 100% progress and get the credit for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • alab21
natshar Wrote:Update:
I actually understand accounting like 300% more than I did yesterday. The internet is amazing.
I do plan on finishing both of these courses soon to 100% progress and get the credit for them.

Perfect! I understand the accounting courses are hard to grasp in just 48 hours (don't know how you calculate this, either by amount of hours/day and total is 48 hours, or if you meant it was in 2 days), anyways, try working on the two courses from Onlinedegree.com and Sophia.org, I don't recall them duplicating but even if it does, it's what you learn that matters!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • alab21
(04-05-2020, 03:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
natshar Wrote:Update:

Perfect! I understand the accounting courses are hard to grasp in just 48 hours (don't know how you calculate this, either by amount of hours/day and total is 48 hours, or if you meant it was in 2 days), anyways, try working on the two courses from Onlinedegree.com and Sophia.org, I don't recall them duplicating but even if it does, it's what you learn that matters!

They both duplicate to TESU as Intro to Financial Accounting at least. And since TESU is the only place I'm banking my ACE/NCCRS credits it will double count. Maybe other schools that count differently but I know TESU counts them as the same. There is only onlinedegree.com course and one sophia course so two courses total.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,767 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Best Buy Founder: What Every Us College Should Teach Their Students LevelUP 0 534 03-07-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,241 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Do most college professors teach at multiple schools??? Vle045 6 2,044 08-11-2021, 01:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,274 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,427 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question list of available accounting courses udi 7 1,886 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  New CSU Global SSAs in Accounting sanantone 15 3,162 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Accounting courses ultimate goal cpa Motivated2move 16 2,823 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Bachelors in Accounting and Human Resources? Jenniferinfl 47 6,523 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl