Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology Certs that transfer to TESU
My son is working on his TESU degree BSBA.CIS1 BSBA in Computer Information Systems. I'm open to another degree for him within TESU.

He has tested out of all of the DSST and CLEP, Sophia tech courses, and has several University computer science classes done with Pre cal.

What certs from Microsoft, CISCO, or others can be transferred into TESU for college credits? He already has been programming since he was 10 and is very good at several programming languages. I am aware of SL C++ class and would like to find others for him.

Any feedback on possible solutions where he can test out on known skills online would be great. Thank you
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
They don't take much

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/oplr/plr#info-technology
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I have seen those and most of the ACE seems to be outdated. I thought there was a JAVA one but count not find it.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
If your son wanted a bunch of Certs, I would just go with WGU. I think TESU is terrible with accepting certs. WGU not only takes them, you can earn them as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Certs for previously learned knowledge that can be tested out of. That has ACE transferability would be preferable. He is National Guard so he can get classes paid for. I will look at WGU again and see.
I did find this but unsure on college credit yet https://www.coursera.org/google-it
With some hassle, I was able to transfer some of the NCCRS-recommended Microsoft certifications to TESU, and they followed the NCCRS recommendations for LL/UL. I brought in the Azure DevOps Engineer Expert and Azure Developer Associate which TESU evaluated as "Special Topics Comp Info Syst" with codes CIS-399 and CIS-299 respectively. Neither applied to a BACS, even as an elective.
(05-24-2020, 05:02 PM)scorpion Wrote: With some hassle, I was able to transfer some of the NCCRS-recommended Microsoft certifications to TESU, and they followed the NCCRS recommendations for LL/UL. I brought in the Azure DevOps Engineer Expert and Azure Developer Associate which TESU evaluated as "Special Topics Comp Info Syst" with codes CIS-399 and CIS-299 respectively. Neither applied to a BACS, even as an elective.

Thank you this is helpful. I always forget about NCCRS.
I did not find this in ACE but it does make reference too it. https://grow.google/programs/it-support/
Does this TECEP overlap with other SOPHIA, DSST or CLEP? https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=CMP-354
(05-25-2020, 08:59 AM)vetvso Wrote: I did not find this in ACE but it does make reference too it. https://grow.google/programs/it-support/

If you do a course search with Google in either the title or as the organization then the IT support certificate shows up on ACE.
(05-24-2020, 04:56 PM)vetvso Wrote: Certs for previously learned knowledge that can be tested out of. That has ACE transferability would be preferable. He is National Guard so he can get classes paid for. I will look at WGU again and see.
I did find this but unsure on college credit yet https://www.coursera.org/google-it
TESU only gives 3 credits for that one. I saw that on their website, I don't remeber specifically where.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 736 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 167 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 234 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,581 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch