Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teex
tsimmns Wrote:Thanks. I'm going to be 1 credit shy in business elective and will use one of these free courses possibly, I mean why not. Mist you complete all 10 modules to get credit for one course or how does this site work. I would like to just complete one that doesn't overlap with anything else in the CIS wiki so it doesn't interfere with my AOS.

To my understanding, TEEX Cyber security has 3 free courses (101, 201, 301).
101 has 3 modules
201 has 4 modules
301 has 3 modules

Each are worth 2 credits at TESU (I don't know your school).

I'd definitely say, in my opinion, 101 was the fastest completed, following by 201, then 301, even though 201 has 4 modules.

Best of luck!
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Just finished 301!!! Glad to be finished with those!
6 more Credits. 65 left to go.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I have got to say I LOVED TEEX's online delivery system. I was curious if there are any more courses they offer that TESU will accept. Especially if they will fill any requirements for the BSBA CIS degree. Even if it's just elective credits though it would help.

Thank you in advance!
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

Zachcleigh Wrote:This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I have got to say I LOVED TEEX's online delivery system. I was curious if there are any more courses they offer that TESU will accept. Especially if they will fill any requirements for the BSBA CIS degree. Even if it's just elective credits though it would help.

Thank you in advance!

Haha, yeah... The only other courses you'll like would be the free Ethics 312 course (2 credit) and then the Free NFA courses (3 Credits).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Haha, yeah... The only other courses you'll like would be the free Ethics 312 course (2 credit) and then the Free NFA courses (3 Credits).

Awesome thankyou so much!! What is/are NFA course(s)? Would they fill any major requirements for BSBA CIS?
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

Zachcleigh Wrote:Awesome thankyou so much!! What is/are NFA course(s)? Would they fill any major requirements for BSBA CIS?

One of the NFA courses comes in as HRM-331, an UL management course... but only 1 CR.

The other two are free electives so there's not much room or point for them in your plan since BSBA calls for so little free electives, but...

The National Emergency Training Center/National Fire Academy (NFA) offers three free courses that are ACE-recommended for 1 credit each.

Q118 Self-Study Course for Community Safey Educators (1 credit) - free elective
Q318 Fire Service Supervision: Self Study (1 credit) - free elective
Q137 Hydraulic Calculations for Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Plan Review (1 credit) - free elective
To signup, use the following link and find these three course codes in the list: Q0118, Q0137, Q0318: USFA NFA Courses, Schedules and Instructors Course Search Results

After you are enrolled, use this login URL to take the classes: https://nfa.plateau.com/learning/user/login.jsp
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
For cyber ethics, it appears that there is only 1 module: AWR 174. Is this correct?
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

Zachcleigh Wrote:For cyber ethics, it appears that there is only 1 module: AWR 174. Is this correct?

Cyber Ethics AWR 174 is part of Cyber 101, which you've done. It doesn't count separate from 101.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

If you're trying to take the ethics class bjcheung77 mentioned, it's not through TEEX...

The American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (commonly referred to as "The Institutes") offer a free ethics course that is ACE recommended for 2 credits.

312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (2 credits) - an upper level ethics/philosophy course that meet's TESU's General Education ethics requirement (you might have to ask for an exception to be made for the last credit).
To signup, use the following link: Preserve the trust on which insurance transactions are based with an understanding of ethics

Select the FREE option. You do not need to do the $5 option. That is for "Continuing Education credit," which is different than college credit. The free version is ACE approved for college credit.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Thank you! Is the requirement for ACE Credit an 80% or higher like TEEX? And are the tests unlimited retake? Or only a finite number?
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed 3 TEEX Courses!! Phew!!! Supermind 7 1,732 09-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEEX 6/30/2018 cookderosa 10 2,493 07-13-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: MNomadic