Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary diploma/transcript after graduation?
(05-08-2019, 05:17 PM)davewill Wrote: You can print a non-official transcript from student services at any time that shows your courses and grades. That's what I gave to Georgia Tech when I applied. They didn't need an official transcript until after acceptance and shortly before I started. If you need one that shows the degree, you have to wait for the official one that comes after you graduate. 
[...]
Right after your degree audit is successful, you'll get a letter in the mail on TESU letterhead that says you've met the requirements for the degree. Some employers might accept that, but a school will insist on getting an official transcript...however, as I said above, they are very used to having to wait.

Oh, this will probably be useful. Thanks!

(05-08-2019, 05:17 PM)davewill Wrote: I repeat the question above, what are you trying to do? When you do you graduate, and who needs proof of degree? You seem to be massively overthinking this whole thing.

I'll be graduating in December. I plan of having everything completed by the first audit (I think this is around the start of October), including the final Capstone paper (to finish everything early, but also because I have something during that whole month).

The reason is because I'm enrolling for a graduate program. I'm not too sure of the process (hence, the many questions), and I'm trying to get and send all the needed documentation as early as possible. From what I understand so far, it would be possible to send documents further down the line, but if I can provide temporary documentation—to prove I'll be graduating and that I meet the requirements—I think that would increase my chances of being accepted, and also of securing my enrollment, since there are a limited number of places.
(05-09-2019, 10:51 AM)pws Wrote: I'll be graduating in December. I plan of having everything completed by the first audit (I think this is around the start of October), including the final Capstone paper (to finish everything early, but also because I have something during that whole month).

The reason is because I'm enrolling for a graduate program. I'm not too sure of the process (hence, the many questions), and I'm trying to get and send all the needed documentation as early as possible. From what I understand so far, it would be possible to send documents further down the line, but if I can provide temporary documentation—to prove I'll be graduating and that I meet the requirements—I think that would increase my chances of being accepted, and also of securing my enrollment, since there are a limited number of places.

Generally, you would not need to send any official transcripts until after the admissions decision had been made. Traditionally, for a student who would be graduating in June and starting their master's in September, their application would go in sometime in Nov-Feb during their senior year, admissions decisions would come in Mar-June, then transcripts would be due after graduation sometime in the summer. As you can see, the master's program would be very used to dealing with applicants that have not graduated yet.

There are advantages to having a high GPA, good references, and work experience. I don't think that early proof of graduation is a factor at all.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • pws
(05-09-2019, 11:02 AM)davewill Wrote: Generally, you would not need to send any official transcripts until after the admissions decision had been made. Traditionally, for a student who would be graduating in June and starting their master's in September, their application would go in sometime in Nov-Feb during their senior year, admissions decisions would come in Mar-June, then transcripts would be due after graduation sometime in the summer. As you can see, the master's program would be very used to dealing with applicants that have not graduated yet.

There are advantages to having a high GPA, good references, and work experience. I don't think that early proof of graduation is a factor at all.

Oh, that's reassuring, and useful. Thank you.
(04-19-2019, 04:36 AM)Merlin Wrote: It works well. I ordered my final transcript from TESU using that same approach. The transcript was electronically transferred to WGU on the same day that my degree was conferred (March 15th). This was also the deadline I needed to hit in order to begin my program on April 1st as desired, so I was very happy it all worked out.

Do you think I will make it in time? My official graduation date will be March 12. I have ordered the degree to be sent out electronically as soon as the degree is made available at tesu on the conferral. It seems like a very similar situation to what happened to you. My goal is to make it to the April 1st start date instead of May 1st.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 690 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,383 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When to apply for graduation? Kones 1 225 01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 438 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 699 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
  TESU Diploma gams007 14 1,404 09-06-2023, 07:25 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 413 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  TESU Transcript Key? Insert Name 1 392 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  TESU grads - how long did it take to receive your digital diploma?? Amberlinjeanne 2 782 03-10-2023, 09:06 PM
Last Post: gams007