Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary diploma/transcript after graduation?
From what I understand, 10 days or so after you graduate from TESU, you receive a temporary diploma and transcript. I'll be applying for job positions not long after that, and I'm wondering:

- Although temporary, is the transcript and diploma deemed as official? Will they be accepted by the majority of employers?
- When will the official/non-temporary diploma and transcript be sent?
Actually what you get ten days after graduation is your REAL diploma and a copy of your official transcript. Much earlier, shortly after your degree audit, you will receive a letter on official letterhead with an embossed seal stating that you've met the requirements for the degree. That might be useful in some cases, but most employers are used to dealing with new grads who won't have proof of graduation until the conferral date and it's not a big deal.

If you need an official transcript sent by the school as early as possible, what you want to do is order it early and check the box that says not to send the transcript until degree conferral. They will then send it out immediately after your conferral date.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • pws
(04-16-2019, 10:27 AM)davewill Wrote: Actually what you get ten days after graduation is your REAL diploma and a copy of your official transcript. Much earlier, shortly after your degree audit, you will receive a letter on official letterhead with an embossed seal stating that you've met the requirements for the degree. That might be useful in some cases, but most employers are used to dealing with new grads who won't have proof of graduation until the conferral date and it's not a big deal.

Oh, that's good to know. Thanks.

(04-16-2019, 10:27 AM)davewill Wrote: If you need an official transcript sent by the school as early as possible, what you want to do is order it early and check the box that says not to send the transcript until degree conferral. They will then send it out immediately after your conferral date.

So I would need to order an official transcript from TESU, but I'm a bit confused about the second part—you have to check the box that says 'not to send the transcript until degree conferral', or check the box that says to 'send the transcript after the degree conferral'. If the transcript isn't sent after the conferral date, when will it be sent?
(04-18-2019, 05:34 PM)pws Wrote: So I would need to order an official transcript from TESU, but I'm a bit confused about the second part—you have to check the box that says 'not to send the transcript until degree conferral', or check the box that says to 'send the transcript after the degree conferral'. If the transcript isn't sent after the conferral date, when will it be sent?

I don't know what the exact verbiage is, but the option is to wait until the degree is conferred before sending the transcript instead of sending it immediately. That way you get the transcript showing the degree sent as soon as possible.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • pws
(04-18-2019, 05:50 PM)davewill Wrote: I don't know what the exact verbiage is, but the option is to wait until the degree is conferred before sending the transcript instead of sending it immediately. That way you get the transcript showing the degree sent as soon as possible.

Ah, that makes sense. This might come in handy, thanks.
It works well. I ordered my final transcript from TESU using that same approach. The transcript was electronically transferred to WGU on the same day that my degree was conferred (March 15th). This was also the deadline I needed to hit in order to begin my program on April 1st as desired, so I was very happy it all worked out.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • pws
9 out of 10 employers won't care about seeing your college transcript. The tenth will just look it up on the Student Clearinghouse database. Apply away and don't worry about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Muldoon
(04-19-2019, 04:36 AM)Merlin Wrote: It works well. I ordered my final transcript from TESU using that same approach. The transcript was electronically transferred to WGU on the same day that my degree was conferred (March 15th). This was also the deadline I needed to hit in order to begin my program on April 1st as desired, so I was very happy it all worked out.

TESU will provide and send an electronic copy of your transcript to universities? Can they send you an electronic version of your transcript as well? What about the diploma?
(04-24-2019, 09:26 PM)pws Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 04:36 AM)Merlin Wrote: It works well. I ordered my final transcript from TESU using that same approach. The transcript was electronically transferred to WGU on the same day that my degree was conferred (March 15th). This was also the deadline I needed to hit in order to begin my program on April 1st as desired, so I was very happy it all worked out.

TESU will provide and send an electronic copy of your transcript to universities? Can they send you an electronic version of your transcript as well? What about the diploma?
You have to pay for each transcript sent. The only free one is the one they send you automatically. I'm sure there's some way to order duplicate diplomas, but you wouldn't send one to an university, you'd send a transcript.

(04-24-2019, 09:26 PM)pws Wrote:

Yeah, you can order an electronic copy of your transcript from the National Student Clearinghouse to be sent to any email address you desire, including your own. They cost $15 each.

If you want a duplicate diploma, I believe you can order those from the TESU Alumni website or the alumni store.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 691 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,383 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When to apply for graduation? Kones 1 225 01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 438 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 699 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
  TESU Diploma gams007 14 1,404 09-06-2023, 07:25 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 413 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  TESU Transcript Key? Insert Name 1 392 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  TESU grads - how long did it take to receive your digital diploma?? Amberlinjeanne 2 782 03-10-2023, 09:06 PM
Last Post: gams007