Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tenure is suspended
at all Kansas public higher education institutions by the Kansas Board of Regents
https://www.chronicle.com/article/kansas...ty-members
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • Pikachu
"The satellite is at present over... Kansas. Well, if we destroy Kansas the world may not hear about it for years." - Charles Gray as Blofeld, Diamonds Are Forever 
The restructuring of post secondary education in the United States is going to be a long and painful process. Job loss is always an individual tragedy and I have sympathy for any affected. However reducing staff will be a critical part of lowering expenses so tuition can be reduced to levels which do not require crippling loans for most students.
(01-26-2021, 09:54 AM)tallpilot Wrote: The restructuring of post secondary education in the United States is going to be a long and painful process.  Job loss is always an individual tragedy and I have sympathy for any affected.  However reducing staff will be a critical part of lowering expenses so tuition can be reduced to levels which do not require crippling loans for most students.

Reducing administrative staff is the key though - not getting rid of instructors.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • CatsDomino
(01-26-2021, 10:28 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 09:54 AM)tallpilot Wrote: The restructuring of post secondary education in the United States is going to be a long and painful process.  Job loss is always an individual tragedy and I have sympathy for any affected.  However reducing staff will be a critical part of lowering expenses so tuition can be reduced to levels which do not require crippling loans for most students.

Reducing administrative staff is the key though - not getting rid of instructors.

I agree that administrators and facilities are major areas of potential cost reduction.  It is not clear that all faculty are necessary, especially with reduced student levels.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeSantis signs bill limiting tenure at Florida public universities Pats20 34 2,982 07-16-2022, 04:36 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty and Administrator Salaries 2015-2016 sanantone 2 995 05-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DANTES Tests Suspended mia717 6 947 08-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Last Post: mia717
  Testing Suspended??? Chuckers 15 2,947 03-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Last Post: larry7crys