Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? Tesc
Does anyone know how Thomas Edision assigns Clep exam Info Systems? I already have Intro to Comp and I was wondering how this test might be evaluated and under what category it might fall? I also have several Auto Cad classes and I was wondering if those would fall under science and math or general or free electives? Thanks!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
TESC will not give you credit for both DSST's Intro to Computers and CLEP's Info Systems. They will count your DSST's Intro to Computers under Business Core.
bcaptain78 Wrote:TESC will not give you credit for both DSST's Intro to Computers and CLEP's Info Systems. They will count your DSST's Intro to Computers under Business Core.
>>

Yes this is true. Also, a humanities major doesn't have a business core, so the first one you take (either the DSST or CLEP) will fall under natural science/math. The other won't count anywhere.

Also, your Auto Cad will be free electives.
Thanks Jennifer,

I thought the Cad would be free elective. So DSST or Clep would be under natural science? I do already have Intro to Comp under that. so will this just be another comp credit?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
alleycat Wrote:Thanks Jennifer,

I thought the Cad would be free elective. So DSST or Clep would be under natural science? I do already have Intro to Comp under that. so will this just be another comp credit?
>>

There are 2 intro computer exams (CLEP / DSST) and they both count as
COS101, so you can only take one of those. If you already took a computer class somewhere, you should check with your advisor to see if the CLEP and DSST duplicate credit. If the class you took is an "intro to computer" type, then I'm pretty sure you won't get to use either one of the exams.

Now, there is also a DSST computer exam that is called MIS. That is a harder exam and does not duplicate the intro computer. I didn't take it, so I can't tell you where it would fall. You should shoot your advisor an email. I think in a BA track it's up there with the business courses, so it might be a free elective- BUT, I could be wrong and if so, it would be a math/science. You should check first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,445 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,185 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,982 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,340 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,764 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,739 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,259 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,867 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,977 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77