Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Center Fail - Passing Scores Lost
I took and passed two CLEPS a couple weeks ago at a DeVry testing center. I learned this morning that there was some sort of "glitch" and that the testing center lost my results. The CLEP people notified me. I sent them copies of the test results and they are going to send them to TESC along with a letter of explanation requesting that TESC accept them for me. The CLEP people are also offering to "allow" me to re-take the tests for free. I've already moved on to the next two subjects and really don't want to go back and re-take two tests that I have already passed. They claim that they cannot create records of the tests so I won't have them on my CLEP transcript for the next 20 years without re-taking them.

1) Has this happened to anyone else?
2) Any other options for correcting their records?
3) Any advice?

Thanks.
Wow, that's crazy. While I don't know of anyone that that's happened to, I wouldn't be surprised if that's happened to someone else.

If I were you, wait to hear what TESC does. I'll bet they accept them, especially when the CollegeBoard is dealing with them directly. In the case that they don't accept it, go ahead and retake those tests for free. I'd ask CLEP how long you have to retake the tests for free as the TESC transcript normal process takes 4-6 weeks. This being an interesting case, they could push it along or let it sit so who knows if it's going to be a bit.
As for other options for correcting their records, the CollegeBoard should already have your scores on file. It's weird that your testing center had a glitch and that CLEP wouldn't have your scores. The only way I could think that could happen is that if that "glitch" was them not forwarding on the scores, which is doubtful. Testing centers, from my experience don't hold on to scores and the CollegeBoard saves them for 20 years.

Sorry this happened to you, but if CLEP is contacting and explaining to TESC what happened then you should be fine and get the credit. It's bewildering for sure.
As long as you took the CLEP computer-based exams, the test center transmits the results directly to CLEP Services through their server (which is connected to CLEP's server). If there is any error, it was a computer transmittal error, and the computer would have told the administrator this was the case. Hopefully CLEP Services will be calling your test center administrator to discuss this incident!
After you take the test the results are stored as files on the server's hard drive until they are uploaded to CLEP. Sometimes the results are not uploaded automatically and instead it is done at the end of the day. So it is possible for something like the server's hard drive to fail and the test results to be lost before they were uploaded to CLEP. Only possibility I can think of.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 952 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,245 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Legitimacy of "US Dept of Edu Student Information Center" FrHaseKopf 4 866 06-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  I Don’t Understand Anything, Thanks to Pandemic Schooling, College Students Fail Math LevelUP 1 968 04-11-2022, 04:48 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Daemen & Total Testing Alpha 6 902 02-16-2022, 11:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  IDEA has lost its two founders, who began in remote South Texas in 2000 bjcheung77 1 625 01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  77 terabytes of data lost! bjcheung77 2 746 12-31-2021, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  [CC] Opportunity to change B- into PASS/FAIL credit Lightorb333 5 1,065 09-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Coopersmith Testing Question tls7291 5 1,071 07-10-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,235 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az