Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Out at Thomas Edison State College
Is there anyone on IC who is currently pursuing their Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or has received their Bachelors Degree from Thomas Edison State College? If so I need help developing a plan of action for getting my degree in the least amount of time possible. I will be basically starting from ground zero and plan on incorporating CLEP Tests along with FEMA college credits to obtain the basic General Education Requirements. I basically wanted some feedback from people who have actually "Tested Out" the vast majority of their credits at TESC and who can put me maybe on a similar path to do the same. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

From a loyal degree seeker...

Sincerely,

Marshall
mlwilliamsiv Wrote:Is there anyone on IC who is currently pursuing their Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or has received their Bachelors Degree from Thomas Edison State College? If so I need help developing a plan of action for getting my degree in the least amount of time possible. I will be basically starting from ground zero and plan on incorporating CLEP Tests along with FEMA college credits to obtain the basic General Education Requirements. I basically wanted some feedback from people who have actually "Tested Out" the vast majority of their credits at TESC and who can put me maybe on a similar path to do the same. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

From a loyal degree seeker...

Sincerely,

Marshall
>>

Welcome Marshall! You'll find a lot of people here who fit the bill. I have taken both CLEP and DSST tests, and ended up not needing my FEMA credit. I chose to take 1 year of classes as part of my college process. I am finishing up my second semester at TESC. (4 years in 1 year- but you can go much faster without classes). Of my 120 credits: 36 will be class credits, 27 are credit for prior learning, and 57 through testing.

The thing about TESC, is you pay $2K to enroll. Unless you take exams on campus, your only other costs will be to the testing center when you go to take your tests. You'll want to set a schedule for yourself, gather your books, and jump in. Most people say not to enroll until you have nearly all of your testing done, but I would disagree for 2 reasons. 1) I looked at a grad school application for Penn State, and they want the dates of attendance for bachelor work. A year seemed to be in my comfort zone, but to each his own. 2) You need to be sure your classes fill the degree requirements, and an advisor will help you once you are enrolled.
Thank you Jennifer for responding to my post. It is greatly appreciated.

From a loyal degree seeker.

Sincerely,

Marshall

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,674 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU My Edison log-in trouble JanuarySunshine 4 2,451 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  THOMAS EDISON ANALYZING AND INTERPRETING LIT Giantzebra 4 1,816 08-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: nashpond
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,201 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
  Help requested with Thomas Edison degree plan. BSOL kodiak61 8 2,182 06-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,340 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah
  A question about shmoop and Excelsior College literalkev 8 3,031 06-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: literalkev
  Does Excelsior College/Charter Oak accept TECEP vetvso 1 1,611 05-30-2018, 08:07 PM