Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Out of an MBA
So I know you can do it for several bachelors programs but I was just curious if anyone was aware of any MBA programs this could be done for (and where to get those credits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
no, but the competency programs at places like WGU or JFK University are pretty close to the same concept. Self-paced, complete all you can in a term for one flat price.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
At the Masters level, basically there's no testing out. Except for competency based schools, but at those you generally have to write a lot of papers in addition to some exams. And you are actually enrolled, it's not like you can just test out of courses.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • eriehiker
https://www.hw.ac.uk/study/online/postgr...ration.htm
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
https://www.uopeople.edu/programs/ba/deg...istration/

This one is NOT regionally accredited.  That is a big deal.  However, this school seems to have a pretty good reputation.

Another way to go is something like this:

https://smart.ly/

That one has no accreditation, but I probably learned more from their free classes than most other for-credit classes I've taken.

I would not take either of these options because of the lack of regional or any accreditation.  I would just get my ducks in a row and kick out the WGU MBA in a semester or two.  That MBA is the sweet spot.
(09-30-2018, 09:54 PM)eriehiker Wrote: https://smart.ly/

That one has no accreditation, but I probably learned more from their free classes than most other for-credit classes I've taken.
I'm surprised to see this. I took a few of their free courses when I was curious about their process and felt insulted by the material. I have no business school background but the material they were teaching was very basic and I was shocked they were presenting it as "elite MBA" level work.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Hey, everybody is a sucker for a format at some point.  I just really like how they gamify the material.  I did all of the business fundamentals classes.  It's like 17% of the overall "MBA".  I would place the material at mid-range for online business classes.  Of course, there are no exams, so it is not a very true comparison.
(09-30-2018, 10:24 PM)jsd Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:54 PM)eriehiker Wrote: https://smart.ly/

I'm surprised to see this. I took a few of their free courses when I was curious about their process and felt insulted by the material. I have no business school background but the material they were teaching was very basic and I was shocked they were presenting it as "elite MBA" level work.

I agree it all seemed pretty basic and short. I don't have any other business courses to compare against but I believe they get more advanced once you're past the free courses. I do really enjoy the learning style, though.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I agree that the style/gamification was a really interesting way to learn. it's just the content that i was disappointed in/shocked by. And it's really hard to overlook that awful name Big Grin

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(09-30-2018, 09:46 PM)sanantone Wrote: https://www.hw.ac.uk/study/online/postgr...ration.htm

Yes, the Heriot-Watt MBA is the only true "test out" MBA program I know of, and it has one of the best reputations world wide.  I looked into this one back now almost 30 years - it was $750 USD each exam then (I should have done it - my company at the time would have paid for it, and it didn't require a bachelor degree prior; something not normal in the US)  it is now about $1500 USD each. They are known for being tough exams to pass.  They offer MSc in Financial Management or MSc in Marketing as well as the MBAs. Here is the page the school set up for the distance/international students: https://www.ebsglobal.net
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing out? masrat858 11 2,749 06-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: SolarKat
  Masters Program after testing out of the majority of undergrad courses (LSUS?) Decius73 2 1,321 12-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Prloko