Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu Residency Requirements
Residency Requirements
Thomas Edison State University has certain academic residency requirements, however, there are no physical residency requirements. Thomas Edison State University requires a minimum of 30 credits from a regionally accredited institution for bachelor’s degrees and 15 for associate degrees when all other earned credits applied to the degree are from a foreign country, including Canada.
Academic Residency Requirement
  • All degree programs that have a capstone course requirement must have that capstone requirement fulfilled by Thomas Edison State University credit. The capstone requirement cannot be fulfilled via transfer credit. See Capstone Transfer Policy.
  • The joint degree programs with Rutgers School of Health Professions have academic residency requirements. For associate degrees the requirement is 6 credits and for bachelor’s degrees the requirement is 12 credits. This number of credits must be taken from the University before a student in these programs is eligible for graduation.
  • For non-degree enrolled students, at least 50% of the credits required for an undergraduate or a graduate certificate must be earned at Thomas Edison State University. Application of any transferred credits is at the discretion of the dean.
I got this in a email from TESU. Does this means that i am unable to test almost everything out? I can transfer 90 international credits.But i need 30 from regionally accredited institution for bachelor’s degrees. So this is a university and not sites like study.com?
I suppose this means that the university in your home country, whose credits you will be transferring in, must be accredited.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I think you need to ask TESU what they mean and whether it can be waived.

Supermind, I don't think so, I think they require that amount of RA credits from the US. However this could be different and could be waived perhaps.
Oh yes! I get what you are saying. So, if one is transferring 90 credits from a foreign country, 30 credits need to be from an RA institution in the US. I think TESU is basically hinting that one needs to sign up for those 30 credits with them!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Exactly, but maybe a residency waiver can also work for this requirement...
Yes im a little bit confused right now.
Ask them to explain this requirement.
(07-17-2019, 02:27 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Residency Requirements
Thomas Edison State University has certain academic residency requirements, however, there are no physical residency requirements. Thomas Edison State University requires a minimum of 30 credits from a regionally accredited institution for bachelor’s degrees and 15 for associate degrees when all other earned credits applied to the degree are from a foreign country, including Canada.
Academic Residency Requirement
  • All degree programs that have a capstone course requirement must have that capstone requirement fulfilled by Thomas Edison State University credit. The capstone requirement cannot be fulfilled via transfer credit. See Capstone Transfer Policy.
  • The joint degree programs with Rutgers School of Health Professions have academic residency requirements. For associate degrees the requirement is 6 credits and for bachelor’s degrees the requirement is 12 credits. This number of credits must be taken from the University before a student in these programs is eligible for graduation.
  • For non-degree enrolled students, at least 50% of the credits required for an undergraduate or a graduate certificate must be earned at Thomas Edison State University. Application of any transferred credits is at the discretion of the dean.
I got this in a email from TESU. Does this means that i am unable to test almost everything out? I can transfer 90 international credits.But i need 30 from regionally accredited institution for bachelor’s degrees. So this is a university and not sites like study.com?
If this is what it sounds like, it's a potentially huge deal that basically takes TESU off the test-out map and makes it a Big 2 of Excelsior and COSC
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Get a clarification. It could simply be poor communication, something TESU excels at, and simply mean only 90 foreign transfer units, or it could mean what it says literally. Certainly other foreign students have been able to do test out here before.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 455 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 429 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 445 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,266 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 247 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,182 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 228 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 356 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 271 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27