Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu ba psychology course guidance needed please
So its been a little while and Im sure alots changed and so I need guidance from those in the know how to proceed. According to my Academic Eval that I just ran on the TESU website, I have 14 classes left to take for the BA Psych. Please tell me what to take? Id like to do it in the cheapest way, test-out as much as possible. So far Ive taken nothing from TESU, everything is being transferred in from Community colleges and 4 yr institutions. Here is what I need:

ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - 3CR
INFORMATION LITERACY - 3CR
ETHICS - 3CR
CIVIL ENGAGEMENT - 3CR
TES-100 CORNERSTONE-1CR
EXPERIMENTAL PSYCH - 3CR
SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY- 3 CR
HISTORY & SYSTEMS OF PSYCH - 3CR
PHYSIOLOGICAL PSYCH - 3CR
DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCH - 3CR
ABNORMAL PSYCH - 3CR
ETHICS IN SOC SCI - 3CR
PSYCH ELECTIVE - 300/400 LEVEL -3CR
(DREADED)CAPSTONE - 3CR

Thanks!
GOAL: TESU B.A. PSYCHOLOGY

Have approx. 14 classes left....

ADVICE/PLANS WELCOME!!!
TES-100 has been waived for students transferring in a certain amount of credits or for study.com members.
In the past the Uexcel research methods satisfied the experimental psych requirement. The social psychology requirement is 6 credits. If you already have social psych completed you might be able to get a waiver. There is an abnormal psych TECEP. Substance Abuse DSST is a psych elective.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
when will you do your capstone? I have about as many classes left as you (also BA Psych but in the 2015 catalog).....I would LOVE to have someone in the capstone with me that I can chat with!
JSD's BA Psychology plan - http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/JSD%27...1st,_2015)
It may have some minor adjustments as there were a couple of courses that can't be tested out of and no 6 credit waiver.
I highly suggest using CLEP/DSST or SL/Study.com for All Required Courses, search the forum for more threads.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I dont have a plan made yet but since Im dreading it so much Ill prob leave it to the last thing I have to doWink

ADVICE/PLANS WELCOME!!!
bjcheung77 Wrote:JSD's BA Psychology plan - http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/JSD%27...1st,_2015)
It may have some minor adjustments as there were a couple of courses that can't be tested out of and no 6 credit waiver.
I highly suggest using CLEP/DSST or SL/Study.com for All Required Courses, search the forum for more threads.

Im hearing now that the study.com courses will no longer be accepted as UL and as a Psych major, thats a huge blow as I was relying on them for many of my UL's. Any suggestions what to do now?

I have already taken Social Psychology - 3 credits at a c/c. Are they still allowing the waiver?

ADVICE/PLANS WELCOME!!!
For the BA in Psychology it is a good idea to enroll in TESU. Then you can try talking to someone at TESU. Some courses/exams can be pre-approved. Social psych from CC will be considered lower level. Social psych from excelsior would likely be upper level. Excelsior has Social Psych and Research Methods as exams.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
At one point, TESU was accepting Ed4Credit's Social Psych course as PSY-237 and then Study.com's Social Psych course as PSY-370, making it a full 6cr course - so you just need to take a LL and an UL Social Psych course to complete that requirement.

Since Study.com will get you a lot of these courses, I would suggest going through them for some of the requirements, and using their study materials for the Psych courses you need. Then, get the UL Psych courses elsewhere - Coopersmith has History & Systems, and Physiological Psych. UExcel has a few as well. There's a TECEP or two available.

Also, although some of the Study.com courses now come in as LL instead of UL, you still only need 18cr of UL, and 3cr of that is the capstone. So just make sure you have 5 UL Psych courses in there somewhere.

Here's the spreadsheet for the BALS in Psych from TESU, it should help you figure out where to take all of the courses you have left.

Also, Study.com will get you: 1) a waiver on the Cornerstone course; 2) A discount on the Residency Waiver from $2500 to $1800; and 3) a discount on the Capstone and Ethics course (if you need to take it there) from $1500 to $1098. Of course, this is all provided that you do these before the discount expires on 6/30. If I were you, I would hurry up and do all of this before then, to save yourself a lot of money.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 BA in Psych.xlsx (Size: 44.06 KB / Downloads: 44)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
lovewins Wrote:Im hearing now that the study.com courses will no longer be accepted as UL and as a Psych major, thats a huge blow as I was relying on them for many of my UL's. Any suggestions what to do now?

I have already taken Social Psychology - 3 credits at a c/c. Are they still allowing the waiver?

You might want to just email them and see what they say about the UL credits from Study.com and if the transfer links are correct.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,002 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,673 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,129 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,666 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,744 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,607 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,871 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore