Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu bals requirements???
OK,
I have tried to search through the threads to find this answer and explore TESU BALS degree requirements but I still cannot figure out what works for the Liberal Studies area of study courses?? Which ones are they? I see there are two options to fulfill this degree requirement but I cannot figure out which one I am doing based on the degree plan made for me and where the list is to find classes that will fulfill the classes i need .. It doesn't appear that I am doing a specific concentration so I am assuming I am just doing upper and lower Liberal study courses. The part where I am confused is it says that students must complete a total of 30 credits of Liberal Studies courses that include at least 15 credits at the 300/400 level and no more than 6 credits at the 100 level says or Students must select an 18-credit concentration from the list below and complete an additional 12 credits of Liberal Studies courses. Since I am not doing a specific concentration shouldn't i only need 15 credits of Upper level? I feel like i am just hitting a brick wall and not getting anything done at this point cause I am afraid to take the wrong class lol..

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 9.44.40 AM.jpg (Size: 20.78 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 9.46.57 AM.jpg (Size: 16.44 KB / Downloads: 8)
Oh also I took ALEKS Intro to Statistics, College Algebra, and Intermediate algebra.. will the statistics count for the LL course at 200 level?
For the general liberal studies degree you can take any course that counts as gen ed such as math, science, social science, english, philosophy, humanities, etc. For the general liberal studies degree you need 15 credits of upper level courses (300 or 400) plus the capstone which counts as 3 UL credits. There are a variety of options for courses, CLEP, DSST, TECEP, ECE, Straighterline, Study.com, Schmoop.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Ok thank you!

swalke321 Wrote:For the general liberal studies degree you can take any course that counts as gen ed such as math, science, social science, english, philosophy, humanities, etc. For the general liberal studies degree you need 15 credits of upper level courses (300 or 400) plus the capstone which counts as 3 UL credits. There are a variety of options for courses, CLEP, DSST, TECEP, ECE, Straighterline, Study.com, Schmoop.
A good thing to keep in mind for BALS - it does not include Business/Management courses, or those "weird" courses like Student Success, Personal Finance or Health (those are considered Free Electives). That being said, there are tons of options for the BALS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Art coursework would also count for the areas of study. They let me use tons of traditional art and digital art credit. They also let me use the marketing, advertising, and sales TECEPS.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Go to Schmoop courses, they are cheaper and do not need a proctor exam. They have an unusual style which takes some time to get to know. They can be very hard. 

TESU equivalencies I got evaluated today.
Schmoop 3 credit each
LIT-323 Women in Literature (U), BUE-101 Personal Finance, EDU-102 Foundations of Education, ENG-301 The Holocaust(U), POS-110 American Government, ENG-306 Inter. Tech. Wrtg. & Prof. Wt (U), LIT-242 Biblical Literature I, PSY-232 Intro to Human Sexuality

Sophia free 2 classes  1 credit each 
HRM-299 Special Topics in H R M, SOS-240 Conflict Resolution

My advise is just start taking courses. If on low budget go with Schmoop. If have a little more go get CLEP (6 credits some courses) CLEP Social Science, Clep Analyzing AND Interpreting Literature. Whatever is the easiest for you do, do it. And then in the end fill in what you need.

I am taking BA Liberal Arts. All I need is the Capstone LIB 495.
For TESU, does the Capstone figure into the 15 upper-level credit requirement or is it 15 credits of upper-level plus the Capstone?
(04-26-2018, 03:09 PM)tripletmom Wrote: For TESU, does the Capstone figure into the 15 upper-level credit requirement or is it 15 credits of upper-level plus the Capstone?

I'm not certain where you got the 15cr of UL, since none of the degrees require that.

The BSBA degrees all require 12cr of UL in the AOS - PLUS the capstone (which is NOT listed in the AOS).

The rest of their degrees all require 18cr of UL in the AOS, including the capstone (which IS listed in the AOS).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I stand corrected. Tx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,007 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,130 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,746 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,609 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,872 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore