Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu capstone anxiety
You've probably typed more on this forum than you had to type for the Capstone ;p

Granted you had years on this forum, not so much the capstone
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • BingCherry
I feel the anxiety as well when it come to the capstone. I'm curious what about the BSBA capstone work structure This is what I'm afraid about because its unknown to me. Do i just write essays/answer things on a discussion forum? Do I have to show up on a specific day to do group discussion? How many pages do I have to write each week and how long is the program 12 weeks?
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(08-04-2017, 07:33 AM)Iamtehking Wrote: What exactly scares you about the capstone? I was thinking about it but I think being the last thing would motivate me to get it done!

Do you mind sharing what classes you took to satisfy the UL requirements and the general electives? After the UL and 20 GE credits I'll start the capstone. Did you do the TESU 100 course?

I am not a great writer and the bals capstone is a 25 page paper. I have never had to do anything remotely like this, I think 5 page paper was the max I've done. I transferred in 83 credits from a cc to TESU and am taking the UL st study.com and a couple Cleps. No I did not have to take the cornerstone class, I had taken a class at my CC that transferred in for it.

(08-04-2017, 09:30 AM)jsd Wrote: I was terrified of the capstone, and dreading it throughout my entire degree planning phase. I made some mistakes along the way just trying to avoid a capstone.

when i finally went through it, it was a lot of work.

but it was doable! as long as you put the effort in, it's not hard, it's just a lot of effort! i was stressing out over nothing. check the mentor feedback threads to make sure you get a good mentor, but other than that, this is something you can do, i promise!

with my second bachelors underway, i have another capstone coming up. I haven't thought twice about it or even really considered that i eventually have to do one, because after that first one I have full confidence that it won't be so bad and I know I'll be able to handle it without issue.

you can handle it too :)

Thank you, this is encouraging. You took the bals capstone? I can't imagine what I could write a 25 page paper on!! Other than my crazy life, but I don't think that qualifies haha
Yep, as a Psych major I was required to take the Liberal Arts Capstone. The paper instructions have you repeating yourself so much that the 25 pages come out faster than you think. You write it small check at a time. it's hard work but you'll get through it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
The capstone is a big project no doubt. I just tackled it one portion at a time to where it was more like 5 smaller projects wrapped into one. It has been a few years since I took mine but I thought it was great you could pick whatever topic you wanted to explore and research. My suggestion would be to pick something you are really interested in. If you pick something you hate....well you will end up hating the process. I personally think the capstone is important as it validates the degree and makes it more credible at least IMO. Just take it a step at a time and you will enjoy the process better. The course gave me confidence to move onto a masters and really help me to learn how to write a proper research paper. Best of luck to you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cardiacclep's post:
  • Ideas
(08-05-2017, 10:45 PM)jsd Wrote: Yep, as a Psych major I was required to take the Liberal Arts Capstone. The paper instructions have you repeating yourself so much that the 25 pages come out faster than you think. You write it small check at a time. it's hard work but you'll get through it.

Ok, I am going to register for the capstone, finally.

There are 2 options, guided study and online.  What are the pros and cons to each and which one did you do?
Online. The difference between the two is that guided study replaces blog posts with additional writing assignments. The blog posts are the easiest points you'll ever earn. You basically get 100% of the points as long as you participate and follow the directions. In the case of the LA Capstone, that's 23% of your grade pretty much guaranteed to be a "A".
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Ooh any one here with experience with bsba capstone? Im trying to mentally prepare myself lol. Is the capstone self pace or do you have to show up at certain times like a real class? How long is the capstone for bsba?

Thanks!
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
Tagged for curiosity. Not confident I passed my tecep, so prepping for the course.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Reviving this post! Smile

So, am I understanding correctly that the Liberal Arts Capstone is just ONE BIG PAPER? No proctored tests, no quizzes, etc?

Also, if it's one big paper - on pretty much ANY topic I can dream up - can't I start working on it now (almost a year in advance)?

Thanks a ton for the info!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,013 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,679 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,137 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,671 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,339 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,366 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,398 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic