Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu financial aid
I am doing TESU history degree. I need to take 3 class at tesu but I was wondering.. I now it isnt the quickest but can i take 3 terms at TESU for 6 credits each and get a year of Pell grants financial aid and it pay for all my last credits? Or would I have to do more credits per term to do the full Pell grant of about 6k per year. Or do I have to take 4 terms? I remember in community college they would only give me half of the Pell grant if I was going half time a semester but TESU terms are different. Also is there still the study.com discount on per credit tuition?
Thank you!! Smile
I qualify for Pell grant based on low income. So do you have to take 24 credits to get full pell grant?
(10-27-2019, 04:05 PM)missbootyfull Wrote: I am doing TESU history degree. I need to take 3 class at tesu but I was wondering.. I now it isnt the quickest but can i take 3 terms at TESU for 6 credits each and get a year of Pell grants financial aid and it pay for all my last credits? Or would I have to do more credits per term to do the full Pell grant of about 6k per year. Or do I have to take 4 terms? I remember in community college they would only give me half of the Pell grant if I was going half time a semester but TESU terms are different. Also is there still the study.com discount on per credit tuition?
Thank you!! Smile
I qualify for Pell grant based on low income. So do you have to take 24 credits to get full pell grant?
Since you qualify for Pell anyway I would try to make it so you take at least 16 total credits at tesu.

This way you wont have to pay the 2800 residency waiver.
[-] The following 3 users Like natshar's post:
  • Clepper43, MrsBulletPoints, shadowgem
(10-27-2019, 04:05 PM)missbootyfull Wrote: I am doing TESU history degree. I need to take 3 class at tesu but I was wondering.. I now it isnt the quickest but can i take 3 terms at TESU for 6 credits each and get a year of Pell grants financial aid and it pay for all my last credits? Or would I have to do more credits per term to do the full Pell grant of about 6k per year. Or do I have to take 4 terms? I remember in community college they would only give me half of the Pell grant if I was going half time a semester but TESU terms are different. Also is there still the study.com discount on per credit tuition?
Thank you!! Smile

TESU will determine your semesters based on your Financial Award dates. Each term will be 3 months. If your award begins on Oct 1, your terms would be Oct/Jan/April/July.

You will only be given 1/3 of your max award per term. So for example if you are awarded a max grant of $6k, it will be awarded to you at the rate of $2k per term when you take 6-12 credit hours per term for 3 terms. If you complete less than 3 terms, than your maximum reward will be reduced. Any credit balances should be sent to you ~45 days after the start of the term.

The TESU Financial Aid Handbook explains the process and probably will answer any other questions you may have as well.

And yes the SDC tuition discount is still available if you take at least 2 SDC courses. Just make sure to check off SDC affiliation when you fill out your TESU application and send your SDC transcript directly to TESU for verification.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints
Just note that the max Pell Grant is not quite enough to cover 6 credits of TESU tuition. So you can save a lot of money this way, but you'll have to pay some out of pocket.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 532 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 457 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 281 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27