Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu.sophia.org homepage in Sophia account
Hi,

I'm not sure why my Sophia login homepage is now tesu.sophia.org/home, and I can only take courses that are recognized by TESU but not others like Communication at Work and the Foundation courses. I believe it was due to an option asked when signing up for previous courses where I put TESU as college that I'll be attending. 

Is there a way to go back to the original Sophia homepage without restrictions to courses? Thanks.
Sorry, not much help here. I would probably just chat or shoot them an email. That does sound interesting. I hope it means that TESU and Sophia's partnership is stronger.
Yeah, putting in TESU would be why they restricted the page. It's a tiny bit strange, IMO, that you can't fix it yourself (like you can with SDC) but I guess most people don't change their mind about which school to go to?

You'll need to contact them and ask for a generic Sophia account instead. If you have to, tell them that you aren't sure which school you'll be attending so you want to keep your options open.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
On Monday, you can ask on the chat to have them remove TESU from your account. I had to do this because I had a CSU Global affiliated account and couldn't see all of the classes. I could only see the courses CSU Global accepted.
I had the same issue about 3 weeks ago.

Sent a chat message asking for access to the foundations courses + others. They emailed me saying TESU doesn't give credit for those courses, I emailed back that I am not a student at TESU so please remove the link. Within a couple of days the link was removed and the courses I wanted became available.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Thanks everyone for your inputs, I'll send them a message on chat and have the homepage corrected to the generic Sophia account. It's one of those unwitting mistakes one made during sign up that caused one to lose the full Sophia experience. I'm still going to complete my degree at TESU but needed to brush up my math skills with the foundation courses, also it looks like the Communication at Work course is accepted but has not shown up on the TESU linked homepage, I guess it should once it's conclusively accepted.
and here's an extra tip that might be useful. After they switch your account, when you register for an individual class and it asks you which school, leave that part blank (it's optional anyway). That way it doesn't happen again.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(02-06-2021, 08:20 PM)robertsted Wrote: Thanks everyone for your inputs, I'll send them a message on chat and have the homepage corrected to the generic Sophia account. It's one of those unwitting mistakes one made during sign up that caused one to lose the full Sophia experience. I'm still going to complete my degree at TESU but needed to brush up my math skills with the foundation courses, also it looks like the Communication at Work course is accepted but has not shown up on the TESU linked homepage, I guess it should once it's conclusively accepted.

Sophia math is a lot of fun.. P-E-M-D-A-S (it'll make sense later)... if only more courses were taught using Sophia's methods.

I did Intro to Stats with Sophia and it rolled to TESU seamlessly.. Good luck in your studies!
(02-07-2021, 10:38 AM)CableGuy98 Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 08:20 PM)robertsted Wrote: Thanks everyone for your inputs, I'll send them a message on chat and have the homepage corrected to the generic Sophia account. It's one of those unwitting mistakes one made during sign up that caused one to lose the full Sophia experience. I'm still going to complete my degree at TESU but needed to brush up my math skills with the foundation courses, also it looks like the Communication at Work course is accepted but has not shown up on the TESU linked homepage, I guess it should once it's conclusively accepted.

Sophia math is a lot of fun.. P-E-M-D-A-S (it'll make sense later)... if only more courses were taught using Sophia's methods.

I did Intro to Stats with Sophia and it rolled to TESU seamlessly.. Good luck in your studies!

I do wish Sophia Algebra had gone into a bit more depth. It's not really the best course if you want to continue on your math journey to Calculus for comp sci. But it's sufficient for students who only need a math class of some kind to be able to get a degree. It teaches the basic concepts of algebra just fine.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-07-2021, 10:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I do wish Sophia Algebra had gone into a bit more depth. It's not really the best course if you want to continue on your math journey to Calculus for comp sci. But it's sufficient for students who only need a math class of some kind to be able to get a degree. It teaches the basic concepts of algebra just fine.

I would never advise a student who wanted to go on to UL math to use Study.com or Sophia as your basis for learning math.  I would use a good homeschool curriculum or something along those lines to learn it.

I would only use Study.com or Sophia for getting college credit on math you'd already learned.

For those that just need math credit for a degree, then they're fine.  I worked for years in business and never needed even 6 seconds of that stupid stats course.  For many, many business-related careers, math is not needed.  Even working in accounting for a long time, I rarely used any sort of math that I didn't learn in elementary school.  Excel did all the hard stuff for me.  In HR, I needed zero math.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 117 61,534 7 hours ago
Last Post: sophiadiscountcodes
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 70 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 456 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 837 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,395 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 369 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 716 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 980 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 251 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 954 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab