Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree
Hi all! 

I recently stumbled upon a competency based degree offering from Texas A&M University-Commerce. I haven't seen much about the program, so I thought I would share it. It seems as though there are currently two competency based bachelor options at this time, A BAAS in Organizational Leadership and a BS in Criminal Justice, Emphasis in Law enforcement Leadership. 

The pricing seems to be very affordable for those who are Texas residents with a single term ringing in at $750. Those who are out of state will be on the hook for $2500. The terms are only 7 weeks long, but classes are understandably not allowed to be added in the last week of one's term. From what I have gathered it seems as though you can complete as many classes as you would like in term, much like the other competency based programs. 

Has anyone here completed the program? I am strongly considering enrolling as the BAAS in Organizational Leadership seems quite interesting to me. 

Oh, almost forgot! It is my understanding that 90 credit hours can be transferred into the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes goldendoodle101's post:
  • ss20ts
That’s a great find. http://catalog.tamuc.edu/undergrad/colle...eadership/

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
The link to the program, for those interested (it's a bit hard to find): http://www.tamuc.edu/aboutUs/IER/icbe/default.aspx
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • goldendoodle101, nomaduser
It also appears that there is currently a scholarship for those who are affected by Covid-19. It is non-need based and for displaced workers who intend to start the organizational leadership program beginning or after summer 2020. The scholarship is effective for two semesters and the award amount is up to $250. A caveat being that your tuition is not covered by grants or an employer.

Here is the link to the scholarship application: https://dms.tamuc.edu/Forms/CID-Displace...1590005755
I don't know much about either, but I know that in the clepprep.groups.io discussions, people that once loved TAMUC have now been favoring the myway at UMHB. There are great detailed discussions about it on the group if you can navigate the search to find past conversations. 

https://go.umhb.edu/myway/home
[-] The following 1 user Likes walkingbyfaith's post:
  • alab21
(06-17-2020, 12:12 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: I don't know much about either, but I know that in the clepprep.groups.io discussions, people that once loved TAMUC have now been favoring the myway at UMHB. There are great detailed discussions about it on the group if you can navigate the search to find past conversations. 

https://go.umhb.edu/myway/home

Thanks for the info! There is an immense amount of information regarding both programs. I think I am going to take the leap and go for the TAMUC BAAS. It is my understanding that the program contains a ton of writing assignments rather than exams. I completed a Marketing degree at WGU not too long ago and was able to finish pretty quickly thanks to the same format.
  • ss20ts
Hi, all! I decided to enroll in the program. Today is my first day of classes and I am really liking it so far. I had a bit of a hiccup with transcripts that caused a delay, but other than that no issues. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes!
[-] The following 2 users Like goldendoodle101's post:
  • ss20ts, TwinMom
Did you enroll in the Criminal Justice program or the Organizational leadership program?
[-] The following 1 user Likes knaves's post:
  • goldendoodle101
(07-02-2020, 01:19 PM)knaves Wrote: Did you enroll in the Criminal Justice program or the Organizational leadership program?

Organizational Leadership! I have 12 classes to complete and I am hoping that I can get them done in 2 terms, if not sooner. I have plenty of time on my hands, so I will be spending the majority of that time period focusing on the program,
  • ss20ts
Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • goldendoodle101

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 243 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,319 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 271 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,042 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,087 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,688 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 446 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,503 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 654 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 353 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas