Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question Regarding Resume
(06-09-2018, 08:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 03:40 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote: I saw an executive's resume that was AMAZING at hiding age.   It listed her three most relevant jobs, which covered the past 15 years, then it mentioned skills obtained in prior positions, but focued on the skills and experience, not on the name of the company or the date.    I really wish I had kept a copy of it because she worded it so well and her resume was designed using lines as dividers and also to help visually represent what she wanted to highlight.

That's smart!  I have a lot of jobs and years of experience, but there's a lot of overlap in terms of what I did at some of the jobs, so I may try that!!  Especially because I have some very specific experience for certain jobs, that most people wouldn't have (and I know this because in 20 years of job hunting, every single job I went for that asked for that specific experience, I got, and I don't think I'm THAT good at interviewing).

Let me know if you want me to try to dig up some templates that are skill-based.    I don't think you can get out of listing your most recent jobs.. and of course you want to list those.   But there are some really cool templates where you can separate your skills and feature what you bring to the organization.

Actually there are just a lot of really cool job templates that didn't exist a few years ago.   A friend of mine went really bold on his and picked a template with a splash of color.  It looked amazing.   LOL I'm not there yet, but I did write a resume for a friend with vertical columns and thought it looked really sharp.   (We were trying to drop the older experience off on hers too and it worked really well)
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
https://uptowork.com/

This place has some good templates. My resume looks quite nice, much nicer using one of their templates vs typing it up in Word.

I will find out soon if it works :-)
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 2 users Like icampy's post:
  • burbuja0512, Life Long Learning
(06-10-2018, 10:15 AM)burbuja0512 Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 08:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 03:40 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote: I saw an executive's resume that was AMAZING at hiding age.   It listed her three most relevant jobs, which covered the past 15 years, then it mentioned skills obtained in prior positions, but focued on the skills and experience, not on the name of the company or the date.    I really wish I had kept a copy of it because she worded it so well and her resume was designed using lines as dividers and also to help visually represent what she wanted to highlight.

That's smart!  I have a lot of jobs and years of experience, but there's a lot of overlap in terms of what I did at some of the jobs, so I may try that!!  Especially because I have some very specific experience for certain jobs, that most people wouldn't have (and I know this because in 20 years of job hunting, every single job I went for that asked for that specific experience, I got, and I don't think I'm THAT good at interviewing).

Let me know if you want me to try to dig up some templates that are skill-based.    I don't think you can get out of listing your most recent jobs.. and of course you want to list those.   But there are some really cool templates where you can separate your skills and feature what you bring to the organization.

Actually there are just a lot of really cool job templates that didn't exist a few years ago.   A friend of mine went really bold on his and picked a template with a splash of color.  It looked amazing.   LOL I'm not there yet, but I did write a resume for a friend with vertical columns and thought it looked really sharp.   (We were trying to drop the older experience off on hers too and it worked really well)

I will start digging when I'm ready to write my resume.  Thanks for the suggestions!

(06-10-2018, 10:33 AM)icampy Wrote: https://uptowork.com/

This place has some good templates. My resume looks quite nice, much nicer using one of their templates vs typing it up in Word.

I will find out soon if it works :-)

Love those!  Thanks!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
No problem. I signed up for the cheap one, and cancelled it before I hit a month. I made several versions of my resume, changing things around, specific jobs and general resumes, etc. It was well worth it, my resume looks NICE.

Stick to the ones they recommended for US companies, though (if you are in the US looking for US jobs)....there is a reason they point those out.

Maybe there are others, but I loved this one, and will gladly buy another month every time I want to update my resume. Easy, nicely laid-out interface, quick, and helpful.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes icampy's post:
  • burbuja0512

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To defend or not to defend, that is the question! bjcheung77 4 619 02-21-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Resume Question ROYISAGIRL 11 1,124 07-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Resume Rewrite from Indeed Vle045 6 763 06-22-2022, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Another job application question carebear_007 4 660 04-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Question: What do you use? For backup, restore, storage? bjcheung77 2 789 09-14-2021, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Employment Question Alpha 3 1,065 01-22-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Question: DegreeForum Investment bjcheung77 3 1,109 06-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Resumé Writer recommendations SDO 5 1,693 05-09-2020, 12:10 PM
Last Post: asianphd
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 1,629 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Question for Techies: Best Things to Learn amilitab4k9 12 2,673 12-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Last Post: amilitab4k9