Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Tech ACE
Does anyone know how to look up and see what/if SDC, SL, etc... would transfer to TT?  I know that Study.com shows that TT accepts both ACE and NCCRS but short of getting in touch with TT themselves I don't know how to tell what courses would potentially transfer in as.

I'm trying to help out a buddy who's kid goes to tech and he's not very tech savvy.  I was mentioning to him this may potentially be a good idea for her to knock out some summer classes at a much lower cost.  Worst case scenario I'll tell him he just needs to get in touch with them.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
Can you show me where Study.com says TT will take ACE/NCCRS courses?

And then, here's how I start my search for colleges that take alternative credit. I go to the college website and search for:
1) CLEP - if they don't take CLEP, there's almost zero chance they'll take ACE/NCCRS; if they do take CLEP, it will also normally take you to where you need to look for what other alternate credit they'll accept
2) DSST - if they take CLEP, but not DSST (common), then you know they probably won't take ACE/NCCRS;
3) Alternative credit or Transfer credit - again, searching for an area on the website or catalog to see if I can find more info
4) Military or Veterans - this is where I can find an ACE policy - and it may be the ONLY place where you'll find the info because they will take a very limited number of credits from ACE if you're military/former military - sometimes as few as 3cr (this is a good place to look if you've seen the school in the ACE database but can't find other info)
5) Last but not least, you can search for ACE - but it will have a gazillion hits, because not only are there tons of things called "ACE" in the educational arena, but "ace" is in a lot of words. It's almost impossible to just go on and search for ACE, I never do that myself.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC Education 210: Tech in the Classroom - is this Gen Ed for TESU BALS? suzycupcake 11 1,878 07-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  West Texas A&M ACE/Study.com not accepted for Masters work Gloddy 7 1,698 08-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: davewill
  New IT/Tech degree options coming soon from Steve DIGI-212 2 1,380 10-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: jsd
  SL Computer Courses: Information Tech Fundamentals and Intro to Programming Comp C++ hoffdeb 3 999 04-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Last Post: hoffdeb