Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you to our Veterans!
I just wanted to say thank you to our Veteran's. My husband is a Desert Storm Veteran and I just wanted to take this opportunity to say Thanks for all you and your family do for my family and our country! I know it isn't much, but I just had to say thanks!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Hoowah!

:patriot:
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
Add my voice to this post. My uncle who raised me just recently passed. He and my father met during the WWII and then he married my aunt. He was 85 when he passed. Both he and my father were photographers during that war, going up in planes, taking photos, going back and contributing to map making in the Pacific. Both had been shot down (on different assignments) and were rescued by the US (yeah). My father died in 1952, when I was 1 year old - so this man was the closest thing to a father I knew.

When he started losing his hearing in his late 70s and needed to see someone for hearing aids, he was asked if he had ever been exposed to extreme noise situations. He thought about it and told the story of during the war, being put in pontoons of type of sea planes. He would have to lie on his stomach, put a camera through a hole that had been cut to accommodate the lenses. He commented that the noise was like having a metal garbage can on your head and a lot of people banging on it with a baseball bat.

Pretty remarkable, when you think about it.

This generation was remarkable but I'm sure that will be true also for the military people who are contributing today!

THANKS!
Thank you!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Yes, thank you to all veterans for all that you have sacrificed for us!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I would also like to chime in - Thank you!!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you guys so much! We really appreciate it when someone takes time out to say "thank you" to us. And I Thank YOU for your support!
You guys rock!
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
For protecting our freedoms, for securing our homeland, for giving years of your life (and often all of it) to ensure our liberties, THANK YOU! :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best and Worst Colleges for Veterans sanantone 9 5,575 09-05-2023, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AUDACITY4U
  New Benefit for Veterans Receiving Disability jamshid666 3 2,689 10-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,295 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Certificates in Services for Veterans Jonathan Whatley 1 1,890 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Busch Gardens or SeaWorld free for veterans MNomadic 0 1,377 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
  Trump moves to cancel student loan debt for disabled veterans decimon 11 5,872 05-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Free Splunk Training for Veterans jamshid666 3 3,816 04-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,971 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
  Only 722 total veterans in top 36 most highly selective colleges! Life Long Learning 3 2,070 03-03-2018, 12:14 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU Announces $500,000 in Scholarships for Veterans bluebooger 9 4,174 12-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning