Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Big 2....?"
txnicole Wrote:I don't really get why people prefer TESU over COSC so much. I think COSC is soooooo much easier to create paths with. They publish charts for their credit acceptance, they answer questions pretty quickly, they take the free FEMA credits, they have lists on how they accept industry certs and things like GRE subject exams, and while they do require more upper levels... only a portion have to be in the degree area (and the required capstone counts as one). For people who have poor gpa issues from previous college attempts, your COSC gpa will only include work done with them (which, in effect, allows a fresh start). For homeschoolers or young college starters, you can apply at 16 without the age waivers required by TESU. I dunno... just seems so much more flexible to me.

I personally don't think it's more flexible - I think it's less. But then again, I had a bunch of CC credits to bring in which are all LL, so that takes a lot of the flexibility out of the program for me. I can't imagine having to take a bunch of DSST and UExcel exams just to cram in the UL credits I need. I am pretty far from a testing center, so having SL and other options for the UL courses that COSC doesn't designate as UL, is very helpful.

I also think TESU's website is better designed, and the degrees are much easier to figure out what I need. COSC is just more difficult for me to figure out - but then again, since I decided to go with TESU, I just got better at it because I spent more time there (on the website and planning the degrees). I also think TESU's eval is easier to navigate than both COSC and EC.

And, I don't want a General Studies degree either - I prefer a major.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Charter Oak used to offer only general studies degrees, but now has actual majors in Business Administration, Cyber Security, Health Care Administration, Health Information Management, and Psychology. They still offer General Studies as a major with a variety of subject area concentrations in other fields.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits