Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Big 3" comparison table out there?
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and have been thinking about obtaining a degree online via testing out. I quickly wanted to ask if anyone has already posted/made a comparison sheet/table for "the big 3"? Something that maybe compares their fees, degree programs, what they transfer, etc..

Thanks in advance for your replies!

-Joseph
There is no table for this, because it would be a lot of work to compare all of the degrees in all 3 schools (there would be hundreds). If you narrowed down which degree you were interested in, and what your credits are, then we could probably help you figure out what it might cost to finish a degree at each school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Joeman200 Wrote:Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and have been thinking about obtaining a degree online via testing out. I quickly wanted to ask if anyone has already posted/made a comparison sheet/table for "the big 3"? Something that maybe compares their fees, degree programs, what they transfer, etc..

Thanks in advance for your replies!

-Joseph

A cheat sheet via excel ...no , but mentally, yeah... After reading the forum threads, the wikia, and their own respective webpages, I get the basic info. But it's useless that way, as not every person wants to study BSBA just because of the fees.
Just by skimming those 3 schools websites, you get a lot of info on their fees, requirements, programs offered.

If you read through some of the forums, or the beginners guide, you will notice I love doing comparisons as well. I generally like to link to multiple pages to get the full view of the info at each school. Take your time, a shortcut maybe faster, but you might be choosing something and a few days later deciding that's not what you wanted just cuz someone's spreadsheet said its the go to program.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the replies!

I understand it's a tall order but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask (just in case someone had made one) Smile

Just to provide more information, I have never attended college so I would be starting from scratch... Although soon I'll have a certificate for completing fire academy. The degree I am interested in is criminal justice.

I've looked at all three schools but it is still challenging which one seems best for me.

If you don't mind taking the time to respond, in your opinions, what are the major pros and cons of each school?

Thanks again,

-Joseph
In my opinion, they are all good schools, and I wouldn't have an issue getting a degree from any of them. They all accept 120cr in, and they all require a Capstone, and COSC and TESU now also require a Cornerstone.

Probably the major factor is cost - I still think TESU is the cheapest, with COSC not far behind - EC is quite a bit more expensive than those two.

TESU also requires fewer UL credits, but those must be in the AOS, while at EC/COSC, the UL credit requirements can be throughout the degree. I like TESU's requirements more in that respect - why would it matter if I took an UL art class when I was getting a business degree? Shouldn't it be more important that my UL credits are in my concentration/AOS? Just my opinion.

The other thing to consider for this is that depending on your degree, you may have more specific requirements at TESU than the other two. I think they made it more difficult to get some degrees via testing out (History, CJ, Psych, etc.). But, if you think it through, it might also be a good thing, in that you have more requirements in your AOS, and you may have a more useful degree. Not sure, just my opinion at this point in time, and it's fluid (someone here might say something to change my mind).

Others will have more helpful things to say about that degree in particular, I'm sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Since you're starting from scratch, the general education credits (60 of them) are practically identical.
You should start with getting credit for those first and while you're almost done, revisit this topic of choosing which of the three.
You can view their requirements and their degree plan information and see which fits you more, and check the tuition/pricing.

The best way to do this is to create a spreadsheet, with three sheets of info, comparing that degree for yourself.
You're the one deciding, so, get the details and complete that worksheet to decipher which matches you more.
As I mentioned earlier, someone might take one over the other due to price, another would be doing so for alumni recommendations.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
dfrecore Wrote:Shouldn't it be more important that my UL credits are in my concentration/AOS? Just my opinion.

I think this is one of those things that sounds good in theory but falls over when put into practice. I'd agree if TESU offered more UL courses and TECEPs, and if the distinction between the two was less seemingly arbitrary. This may just be the IT related degrees (BA-CS, BSAST-IT, BSBA-CIS) though, as those are the ony ones I've looked at in detail.

It rubs me the wrong way personally that the painfully easy TEEX Cyber201 course is considered upper level while TESU's assembly language course or SL's C++ course are lower level, for example. There's virtually no way that those two courses are less demanding than the TEEX course. Same goes for some non-AOS courses like SL's intro to religion.

I'll admit the real problem here is that I have no idea what criteria they use to decide if a course is UL or LL.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are my number right? ( Cost Comparison) Toastmaster 17 1,833 02-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Last Post: yb1
  A Comparison: EC vs. TESC vs. COSC Daithi 24 2,699 07-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Enrolled Option Gone From the Tuition Comparison Chart TrailRunr 78 8,799 04-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  Charter Oak needs to update its tuition comparison sanantone 7 1,039 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: publius2k4
  Updated Big 3 Comparison kevinmanemane 15 4,403 10-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Last Post: stevemb88
  TESC- Course comparison for levels SNY_82 3 758 08-10-2011, 03:51 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESC Missing - Table of Undergraduate Course Delivery Options - Anyone have a copy? lostcamel 4 878 11-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Last Post: lostcamel
  Cost Comparison TESC Excelsior BSBA GM hsing 15 4,434 07-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Last Post: bat21
  Excelsior Business MIS vs. TESC Business CIS - A Comparison BMWGuinness 10 3,955 06-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Last Post: gus