Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Importance of TESC Graded Credits When Applying to Graduate School
cookderosa Wrote:That said, if the specific school you are looking at wants 60 credits, you can apply anyway and see what happens (likely they'll ask for other things too, like admission exams and letters of reference, these will all be part of the overall application package) or pick another school.

Relatedly, graduate schools can often grant "provisional admission" to promising students who don't meet regular admissions standards at the time of admission. "Provisional admission" seems to be more common at the graduate level than at the undergraduate level.
cookderosa Wrote:First off, it is not the "norm" for all grad schools to want 60 graded credits. In fact, of all the grad schools I applied to, none wanted 60 graded credits. With over 1000 USA graduate universities/schools to choose from, and thousands more when you open up to other countries, this seems like a moot issue. That said, if the specific school you are looking at wants 60 credits, you can apply anyway and see what happens (likely they'll ask for other things too, like admission exams and letters of reference, these will all be part of the overall application package) or pick another school. Frankly, it's a BUYER'S MARKET it in education; you might get denied admission to a specific school, but if that were really important, it would have been important months ago before your degree plan were set in stone. Also, let's remember that you can still use graded credits and graduate from TESC. You don't have to test out of your whole degree. Big picture is to look at where you want to end up (master's degree?) and work backwards. If you know you're headed in a certain direction, plan accordingly. I'm not being curt, I'm just shocked that this kind of question comes up all-the-time when people are in their final semester or two.

I get where you're coming from. For me though, it's a matter of how much time I want to spend pursuing a bachelor's/master's degree while dealing with increasing responsibilities as I move up in rank, as well as pursuing a specific MBA program that will work with both the real world and the military, especially if/when I commission.

I just want everything that I can get at this point, in a short amount of time and with a competitive cost, which is why I'm at least looking into this specific MBA program. I'd hate to let it go just because of the hassle involved in getting answers for it. And if nothing else, I can at least set a precedent.
OfficerA Wrote:I get where you're coming from. For me though, it's a matter of how much time I want to spend pursuing a bachelor's/master's degree while dealing with increasing responsibilities as I move up in rank, as well as pursuing a specific MBA program that will work with both the real world and the military, especially if/when I commission.

I just want everything that I can get at this point, in a short amount of time and with a competitive cost, which is why I'm at least looking into this specific MBA program. I'd hate to let it go just because of the hassle involved in getting answers for it. And if nothing else, I can at least set a precedent.

I totally hear you. I'd say choose from schools without that criteria- there will be more than you can imagine. Seriously. This won't be an issue for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU - Applying for Graduation dexter1326 3 1,693 09-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,114 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,285 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,697 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,850 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Applying to PA school ashtonnewman 18 4,059 08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,925 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,612 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,379 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,494 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa