Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Most Hated Mattress Firm in the Country
This, unfortunately, happened in my hometown. Miracle Mattress made a commercial for a 9/11 sale that was in poor taste. They're now getting death threats, and they've closed their San Antonio location. There is such a thing as bad publicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Young, and they all appear to have lots of room to learn some wisdom :ack:
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Wow, it looks like a horrible sketch comedy routine making fun of a mattress company being tone deaf... I can't believe a REAL company would green light this.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
The lady in the video is one of the co-owner's daughter. I heard she's the head of marketing, but the co-owner says he was unaware of the commercial and did not approve it.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
That pissed me off so much, and I have a HUGE sense of humor. I was "with them" (as far as a commercial) right up until the "joke" hit. It wasn't funny. It was downright disrespectful. And the closing line? WTF!?!

EDIT: I WILL never forget.....ironically, I was on the campus @ Community College in an American Government class when the towers fell......somebody burst through our doors and yelled "We're under attack!!!!".....we looked at him in a daze, partly in disbelief (talking about wars is a part of American Government), partly in shock....I went out into the hall and people were scattering, so much chaos, so much paper flying, people on their cell phones calling their loved one's. I made my way to the central library, still in disbelief and shock, and there, I watched, over and over again, live coverage and replay, of the planes hitting the towers.

sanantone Wrote:This, unfortunately, happened in my hometown. Miracle Mattress made a commercial for a 9/11 sale that was in poor taste. They're now getting death threats, and they've closed their San Antonio location. There is such a thing as bad publicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
This didn't make me angry, I just thought it was stupid. And I can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea!! Yikes.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This was one of those mistakes one makes when there are not enough eyes on a project. It happens more times than needed when surrounded by only the creators and no outside opinion leaders. As all things do, this will pass for that young women and will serve as a growing chapter in her life.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Heaven forbid people actually use the free speech that we claim our military fights for. Bad acting in the commercial, not gonna light my torch and bring my pitchfork down to their stores, though.

Edit: Oh my god, jut read the comments on the video. Just about died. :'D
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:Heaven forbid people actually use the free speech that we claim our military fights for. Bad acting in the commercial, not gonna light my torch and bring my pitchfork down to their stores, though.

Edit: Oh my god, jut read the comments on the video. Just about died. :'D

Freedom of speech was put in the constitution to protect us from the GOVERNMENT trying to stifle us, not protecting us from the consequences of our actions/words. Yes, they were free to say something stupid (we all are). And anyone who didn't like what was said had the freedom to express their displeasure, along with not buying something at their store. THAT is true freedom!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Freedom of speech was put in the constitution to protect us from the GOVERNMENT trying to stifle us, not protecting us from the consequences of our actions/words. Yes, they were free to say something stupid (we all are). And anyone who didn't like what was said had the freedom to express their displeasure, along with not buying something at their store. THAT is true freedom!

So true. The First Amendment protects us from having our freedom of speech taken away by the government because the government is the only entity that really has the power to take away our freedom of speech. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from criticism. Those who are criticizing are also exercising their freedom of speech. However, the death threats they have been receiving are illegal. Decided by the Supreme Court, there are certain types of speech that are not protected, and terroristic threats and harassment fall into that category.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How the World’s Most Dangerous Country Solved Murder LevelUP 8 694 09-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  These Americans fled the country to escape their giant student debt bluebooger 18 3,025 06-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Last Post: natshar