Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Snuggie: A Study Aid
One of the constant battles within my house revolves around the thermostat. My husband and son like the household temperature to resemble the Siberian Tundra, and groan until icicles form from the vents. I, on the other hand, enjoy a more temperate climate, somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 or 80. Since I am outnumbered 2:1, and our two cats fail to back me up to tip the scales, studying usually takes place under blankets while huddled on the sofa, and actual homework requires hours of shivering, or kicking my family out of the computer room so I can shut off the vents and function without tremors from the cold.

In today's mail arrived a gift from my husband: A Snuggie. You've seen the ridiculous commercials, and I've made fun of them like many of you probably have. This was a practical joke, complete with monkey faces on a sea of powder blue cloth. And yet, I donned this goofy attire with all the dignity I could muster, and...was warm. Despite the frost on the windows and visible breath in the icy air, I was comfortably, cozily warm. This practical joke gift could not have arrived at a better time; I've come down with the flu a few days ago and spent much of the past few days curled up under piles of blankets, much to the sorrow of my laptop which has overheating problems as it is. Motivated by the lack of cold-induced shaking, I've spent the better part of the day curled up at my desktop computer, actually doing homework. I cannot testify to the coherence of the papers I've written to try to keep up with due dates - cold medicine being what it is - but they're done. And it's all thanks to my monkey-faced Snuggie.

He found the deal on Woot.com for $1.99 plus shipping, and it's probably the best gift he's ever given me, diamonds and other pretty things included. I just thought I'd share. Now to start my Capstone paper. I wonder if I can work a Snuggie plug into the draft.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
My wife loves hers. She uses it all the time.
But she upgraded last year to the NAP blanket. The snuggie is just not as soft and plush.
nap Comfy Ultra Plush Blanket w/ Sleeves at Brookstone?Buy Now!
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I just bought one for my aunt for Christmas, but this is an outdoor snuggie complete with weatherproof fabric on the outside. Yes, it is ridiculous looking, but she camps alot and is always cold. Plus, it comes with a free weatherproof snuggie hat Smile. I hope she has the same luck with hers. Oh, and I hope she sends me a picture with that lovely hat!
ryoder: I've added that nap blanket to my Christmas wish list. It looks warmer and seems a tiny bit more dignified than the powder blue monkey Snuggie. I can't explain the difference, but a regular blanket doesn't cut it now. And after all the commercials I rolled my eyes at. I appreciate the tip!

Gooberman: A hat? No. Really? I Googled and I'm not seeing it. I had the image of a runner's thermal blanket and a tin foil hat, but you wouldn't do that to your aunt. Reflective or no, she'll love it. Big Grin
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Try a Slanket - I bought my daughter and I one each from QVC last year. They are huge (snuggie didn't look that big) and really warm. It is big enough to even throw on my Queen size bed as an additional blanket. They also have a version with a foot pocket so you don't have to lift and tuck...
Next Goal - MS in Pharmacy, Major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic Science via University of Florida
BSAST Health Services Technology 2012
AA General Ed 2012
AAS Medical Laboratory Technician HCC 1994

Straighterline Courses
English Comp I
A&P II
Medical Terminology
Intro to Biology
Statistics
Managerial Accounting
Earned 127, currently enrolled at TESC working on last 6 credits in order to graduate by 6/2012!!
mrs.b the NAP blanket is far superior. My wife deserves the best Smile I tend to use her old snuggie (leopard print) when I get cold and she uses the NAP blanket because she is high class unlike me Smile I spent my youth searching for Camaro parts in junk yards Wink
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 9 601 02-21-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 765 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 1,629 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 2,450 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Study abroad burbuja0512 9 2,132 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Hunger And Homelessness Are Widespread Among College Students, Study Finds allvia 2 1,892 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Study of Georgia Tech OMSCS shows solid success davewill 2 1,562 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Anybody got recommendations for study tools for the LSAT? Nerdymcnerdface 5 2,270 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to study smarter... chew gum! Mamasaphire 4 1,668 12-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Last Post: OakLakeNC
  Why is study.com screwing over it's long-standing customers? soliloquy 5 1,404 08-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Study.com