Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The official ALEKS mourning thread
Dear Aleks,
I got up this morning, and checked if you had been resurrected. No such luck. I just wanted to thank you. It has been a good 3 years. Most people who got to know you, liked you tremendously. Well, maybe except that stats issue, that was hard to get used to, but we all have quirks and flaws, right? Thank you for being such a cheap date, too. We will miss you. And if a miracle should happen, please don't change! R.I.P. my friend
Last month the renewal came on at the last day of the month, it could still happen today.

And if they're going for a full renewal and not just the 30day extension, we could see some down time during the review process. I wouldn't count them out yet.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Oops, I thought it was April 1st today. Hopefully this thread will be moot in 12 hours from now.
64% twice in a row on intro. stats. Bummer.
Thank you for contacting ALEKS. Upon further investigation, it appears our ALEKS Advanced Customer Solutions team is aware of this issue and is working with ACE to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We do plan to renew, but here is currently no updates in regards to this yet. You may continue to work through your ALEKS courses. I will follow up with you once it's been resolved.
TESU - BSBA-GM

54/120 CR

BM- 15 CR
ALEKS- College Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Trig, Intro to stats
Shmoop- Modern Europen History
Strighterline- English Comp II
CLEP- Analyzing and Interpreting lit- 55 (6cr)
The Institutes- Insurance Ethics (2cr)
Sophia- Developing Effective Teams (1cr)
Study.com- Principles of Management, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Organizational Management, Intro to Computing
cgf Wrote:Thank you for contacting ALEKS. Upon further investigation, it appears our ALEKS Advanced Customer Solutions team is aware of this issue and is working with ACE to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We do plan to renew, but here is currently no updates in regards to this yet. You may continue to work through your ALEKS courses. I will follow up with you once it's been resolved.

If you are currently doing an ALEKS course, I would not finish it after tomorrow, but wait it out. Continue doing your pie if you want, or put it on hold. But if you get it completed during a down time, you can't get ACE credit for it (unless it comes in retroactively). No need to take a chance that it doesn't work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just called Aleks customer care, they said that they are in process for getting it extended and they have no plans to end it. I asked that it is showing expiry date for today on which they replied that they have done their part and now waiting for ace to do theirs and as soon as they do it, it would get extended and it may take a few days or at most weeks.
I would recommend individuals who are using ALEKS to get their assessments to 70+% and leave it there.
Get credit for the course in question when they get extended or renewed, by sending it to ACE when they do.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Third try. 59% on Intro. Statistics at 8:15PM. That's after 64% and 64%. I put up a fight, but my current knowledge of statistics is about 60%. So, in two weeks, I picked up credits in Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra and Trigonometry. Almost had stats. If Aleks rises from the dead, I will finish it off, but 12 credits and a total math refresh were pretty good.
eriehiker Wrote:Third try. 59% on Intro. Statistics at 8:15PM. That's after 64% and 64%. I put up a fight, but my current knowledge of statistics is about 60%. So, in two weeks, I picked up credits in Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra and Trigonometry. Almost had stats. If Aleks rises from the dead, I will finish it off, but 12 credits and a total math refresh were pretty good.

If you want to try one more time tonight, the John Wood youtube videos can be very helpful if you are 95% sure which ones you probably got wrong so you can learn to do it right. You need to get somewhere around three more questions correct so that's three videos.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,440 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,111 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  The official guide to Coursera certificates & specializations rachel83az 14 11,571 11-20-2023, 09:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,374 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  HappyPeanut - Progress Thread HappyPeanut 33 2,079 11-10-2022, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 638 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,079 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,369 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,037 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,975 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM