Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input!
(03-06-2020, 12:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 10:49 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: What did the Communications course transfer as? I need a public speaking course for TESU

*Ding ding* Woo hoo! And if you take that course, that is what you will get!
It comes in and will work for Oral Communications requirement. Go get it!

I ended up taking Interpersonal Communications instead because WGU will only accept this or Public Speaking. I took the placement test for Presentation Skills afterwards out of curiosity and was pleasantly shocked to see that I was 60% through the course already!! Needless to say, I finished it in a jiffy for a quick 3 more credits!! Had no idea how much overlap there is between some SDC courses. This is amazing!!!

Is there a list or is it kind of try out courses in the same category and see?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
RN-BSN
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming (in progress) NEXT Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, MIS?, Python? C++?
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX Cyber Ethics - 2cr, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime 2cr
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams 1 cr, The Essentials of Managing Conflict 1cr, Intro to Information Technology, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and Information Technology 461
AAS Nursing - Helene Fuld College of Nursing 
Provider: Study.com
Course: Business 308: Globalization & International Management
Course content: Standard Study.com quizzes and lectures. 2 papers required
Final exam format: 70 multiple choice questions & the 2 papers
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: it's the same
Time taken on course: a couple of weeks
Familiarity with subject before course: I have operated an international business for the last 20+ years
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: This is pretty simple if you know anything about international business. Thanks to Trump, words like "tariff" and "quotas" and "free trade agreement" are in the news again and that will probably help alot to increase your background knowledge of the concepts of trade barriers. For some reason the final placed a huge emphasis on the difference between domestic trade and international trade, ie "If you live in London and sell something to Paris, is that domestic or international trade?" which I found bizarre but apparently they really wanted to hammer that home. There's a decent chunk on currency exchange rates as well.
1-10 Difficulty level: 3ish for me. If you don't know anything about international trade this could be kind of tough.
Study.com - 147 CR. TESU - 27 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 2 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Open Book Exam on Study.com FIN 301? meganelaine092 2 42 1 hour ago
Last Post: harrypotter
  SL or DAVAR for some Business courses? Edriveless 6 211 4 hours ago
Last Post: Clepper43
  List of ACE-certified courses available through The Institutes ctcarl 3 113 6 hours ago
Last Post: innen_oda
  Maximizing Sophia courses at COSC dfrecore 28 834 8 hours ago
Last Post: Tedium
  Maximizing Sophia courses at TESU dfrecore 15 718 Yesterday, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts tanc 49 3,129 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore jsh1138 26 2,715 Yesterday, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Clepper43
  Has anyone taken the Straighterline Western Civ. course? ab10365 0 103 Yesterday, 06:21 AM
Last Post: ab10365
  Maximizing Sophia courses at EC dfrecore 4 245 Yesterday, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Davar business courses e-books affordable or free? Edriveless 3 136 05-25-2020, 08:52 AM
Last Post: rachel83az