Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input!
Provider: Sophia Learning
Course: Ancient Greek Philosophers 
Course content: Mostly text presentation. Video available for some. The whole course is open book so I suggest text format either way.
Final exam format: ALL OPEN BOOK. Final Exam is an essay 700 - 1000 words manually graded. Easy as long as you follow the instructions. I literally gave the definitions from the text as asked.
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: OPEN BOOK
Time taken on course: 1 Week at an easy pace
Familiarity with subject before course: Never took a philosophy course before this. How would you have scored on the final with no preparation? Not well as the material required is in the text
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: REGISTER FOR THE CLASS WITH THE DEVICE YOU PLAN TO USE FOR THE EXAM. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST A PHONE. The layout for the exam allows you to search the text for the answer. The practice exam shows you where to look for the answers. The questions on the milestone only match in type. The wording can get a little tricky. I missed 1 of 25.
1-10 Difficulty level: Tricky wording on the exam is the only thing that raises the difficulty from 1 to 3. If you are not good at writing open book essays then maybe a 4.
This course is not proctored. It uses your typing style for verification. In Ancient Greek Philosophers it is all multiple choice except the final essay so the way you type is not really a thing. I definitely recommend this course because of it being ACE evaluated and without the irritating rules of a video camera and silent room.
Provider: Saylor
Course: CUST 105
Course content: 7 Modules, usual Saylor of readings/videos. In theory you have to produce a 1500 word customer service manual for the 7th module but its not assessed...
Final exam format: 50 odd questions. Multiple choice with 4 answers.
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: 
Time taken on course: Not long. Hour tops. 
Familiarity with subject before course: Worked retail on and off through life.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: I did this purely to see what I would get just jumping straight into exams. I literally only opened the coursework to fill out the content question above. If you have ever worked retail or dealt with customers in some capacity then its a low effort way to get some credits. Even if not I think its reasonably logical to figure out.  
1-10 Difficulty level: 2.
UMPI - BLS (Management and Political Science) - Start Aug 2022
Sophia - 64 Credits - Most classes done
Saylor - Intro to Poli Sci, Intro to Comparitive Politics, Customer Service
Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate
[-] The following 2 users Like MidLifeCrisis's post:
  • NC Coach, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline final exam ksmithrpd 5 97 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to Coursera certificates & specializations rachel83az 2 375 08-08-2022, 09:54 PM
Last Post: eminor7
  Study.com classes expiring & being RETIRED dragonwolf 9 552 08-06-2022, 11:47 PM
  Study.com Premium edition question muu9 11 357 08-03-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 32 3,169 07-25-2022, 03:36 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Study.com cancellation while transferring courses sheptr 19 2,100 07-25-2022, 10:44 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Study.com question Jennr2z 4 220 07-22-2022, 01:48 PM
  How long does it take to complete sophia courses? Dudeofflinered1442 15 901 07-21-2022, 01:52 AM
  Easiest LL & UL Class on Study.com dragonwolf 13 940 07-21-2022, 01:30 AM
  study.com raising prices ? bluebooger 20 1,325 07-04-2022, 03:39 PM
Last Post: ashkir