Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The real Father of the Big 3
(09-09-2017, 10:46 AM)KenJ Wrote: " Regents College (as it became known in 1986) operated as a program of the Board of Regents (which also served as its board of trustees) and under the authority of The University of the State of New York by which degrees and diplomas were awarded during that period."

Is your reading comprehension that bad?

It was always called either REX or Regents College while I was involved with them. When I went into the Education Office at various military bases, nobody called it USNY. It was always Regents.

What year did you graduate and "how and with whom" were you matriculated?

In 1987, with a BS in Business. 

Every 2-5 years in a three decade long military career DOD wanted a new copy of this USNY degree (promotions, etc.,).  It was always received and listed as USNY in my official military files.  The name "Regents College" never once appeared.  The Army never once saw that name.  I guess DOD was wrong also. Darn those official transcripts!

Maybe I graduated from Harvard?  It does not appear on my official records either! Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

http://www.nytimes.com/1975/09/30/archiv...ml?mcubz=3

Here is a NY Times article from 1975. It calls it, "Regents External Degree Program."

I know you didn't go into an Education Office and talk to the rep and call it USNY.

I agree, though. It's even more of a pain in the ass to explain your transcripts to non-military people. They've heard of Regents but have no idea what USNY is.  

Also, the layout of the credits on the transcript are atrocious. Dare I say, amateurish-looking. It almost looks like I made them myself.
USNY Regents College - BS Liberal Arts (Concentration in Sociology) 1987
That link also calls it SUNY. I do not think USNY ever called itself SUNY which still exits?

After I complete this second BS in HSEM I will have two degrees. One from USNY and one from Excelsior College. I will never claim Regents College as I have nothing with that name on it. BTY, I have always used and called it USNY. I still do. I have no proof of Regents College.

Which education office are you talking about?

(09-09-2017, 10:46 AM)KenJ Wrote: " Regents College (as it became known in 1986) operated as a program of the Board of Regents (which also served as its board of trustees) and under the authority of The University of the State of New York by which degrees and diplomas were awarded during that period."

Is your reading comprehension that bad?

It was always called either REX or Regents College while I was involved with them. When I went into the Education Office at various military bases, nobody called it USNY. It was always Regents.

What year did you graduate and "how and with whom" were you matriculated?

(09-09-2017, 11:42 AM)KenJ Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/1975/09/30/archiv...ml?mcubz=3

Here is a NY Times article from 1975. It calls it, "Regents External Degree Program."

I know you didn't go into an Education Office and talk to the rep and call it USNY.

I agree, though. It's even more of a pain in the ass to explain your transcripts to non-military people. They've heard of Regents but have no idea what USNY is.  

Also, the layout of the credits on the transcript are atrocious. Dare I say, amateurish-looking. It almost looks like I made them myself.

That link also calls it SUNY.  I do not think USNY ever called itself SUNY which still exits?

I 100% agree on the transcripts. 

Folks do not know who Regents College is!  They might know of Regents University. 
http://www.regent.edu/
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(09-09-2017, 11:42 AM)KenJ Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/1975/09/30/archiv...ml?mcubz=3

Today, I received official mail from the Excelsior College Office of Institutional Advancement, dated Sept 2017.   

In the second paragraph is reads "Whether your degree says USNY, Regents, or Excelsior, you know the College's mission has remained the same since inception: to provide a high-quality education to adult learners."
-----------------Keith Barrows, JD, EdD, VP for Institutional Advancement.

Here is the current and only third President of Excelsior College (first known as USNY and later Regents College).

He explains the first generation degrees were from USNY, then Regents College (enrolled after 1986+), and now Excelsior College after 1998.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYPn0vOIBK4
Interview 14 July 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University...f_New_York

http://www.nysed.gov/about/about-usny
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Wow, that's not confusing or anything. :eyeroll: You'd think they'd have kept some kind of secondary notation on their paperwork for the sake of clarity.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(10-10-2017, 03:56 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Wow, that's not confusing or anything. :eyeroll:  You'd think they'd have kept some kind of secondary notation on their paperwork for the sake of clarity.

I agree. 

The new and only third Excelsior College President in the current video said Regent College degrees were only issued for 3-years. Huh   A true Regents College grad is the rare grad by far.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TOP 10 ONLINE BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMS IN REAL ESTATE 2017-2018 Life Long Learning 7 6,523 11-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior coming out with a real Emergency Management degree in 2016 Life Long Learning 4 855 08-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  I have to take *gasp* real classes ! passit1 2 874 04-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Last Post: passit1
  Real sad beestrng 22 2,151 01-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Last Post: dewisant
  Some Real Answers Re: BSHS and FEMA Credits GringoInTijuana 3 1,892 06-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Last Post: gregjohnson
  insurance and or real estate license findlayes 1 1,604 02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Last Post: larry7crys