Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They are watching me....
This happening to anyone else...

Every time I watch YouTube videos or am on the internet I keep getting ads for Walden University, Capella University, University of Pheonix, or WGU, etc.  If Excelsior, Charter Oak and Thomas Edison had ads I'm sure I'd see them too.
install extensions for Chrome (I'm sure they're available for other browsers too)
uBlock Origin
Ad Block Plus

I've NEVER seen an ad of any kind on youtube
(11-20-2019, 03:04 PM)bluebooger Wrote: install extensions for Chrome (I'm sure they're available for other browsers too)      
uBlock Origin
Ad Block Plus

I've NEVER seen an ad of any kind on youtube

You can't do that on mobile though... (or at least I don't think so)
Oh yeah, same here. Some creepy stuff has happened in the past year where I would have conversations with friends about certain things that I never even searched the web for & then later see ads for these exact things on the internet. Something weirder happened. There was a time my friend was simply thinking about a specific bottle of vitamins, never having searched the web for them & later that day he saw ads for them on his browser  Huh

EDIT:
I notice that on most websites you're able to stop seeing ads by clicking on the top right X & clicking on stop seeing this ad. In google searches - you can stop seeing those annoying sponsored ads that show up first in results by clicking the down arrow then click stop seeing this ad. In Youtube, it's the same process but you click on the little "i" in the bottom left corner next to the timer.
BABA, New England College, 2019
I've seen TESU ads too Smile

Lots of JFKu ads on facebook as well.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-20-2019, 03:06 PM)natshar Wrote: You can't do that on mobile though... (or at least I don't think so)

ah, ok 
I never browse on mobile 
I only use the weather channel app, the clock and duo mobile app (Two-Factor Authentication - for checking work email from home) 
don't even play games on mobile
This is normal and has been going on for years. You can choose not to be tracked in your browser. The creepy stuff comes from Facebook.

If you add an ad blocker, they're still tracking you through your cookies. You just won't see the ads.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-20-2019, 05:47 PM)sanantone Wrote: The creepy stuff comes from Facebook.

While I don't doubt that some of the creepy stuff comes from Facebook, I do not and have never had a Facebook account and it still happens to me, so it's not just from there
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(11-20-2019, 07:39 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

While I don't doubt that some of the creepy stuff comes from Facebook, I do not and have never had a Facebook account and it still happens to me, so it's not just from there

I mean on Facebook itself. They show ads for places and things people haven't searched for but have talked about or been to.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-20-2019, 07:48 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 07:39 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

I mean on Facebook itself. They show ads for places and things people haven't searched for but have talked about or been to.

What I'm saying is that it's not limited to Facebook, as what you're describing has happened to me as well
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's watching the World Cup???? burbuja0512 22 4,104 07-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Hug your kid, or why I'm not watching the Super Bowl... quigongene 10 2,254 02-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Last Post: ManuelRo
  Video worth watching! Kiwi Lover 2 1,735 07-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Last Post: annegirl