Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC
petersouth Wrote:The way I understand it you can pay the $3000 or so under the middle option enrolled tuition and you can get the degree with no residency requirement and you have all the requirements met. The residency requirement is just for the pay by credit. That would be a few thousand dollars less.
If that's the case I'd much rather pay the $3000. There's no capstone for AA?

That way I only have to do 3 more courses to fill the new requirements of the AA.

DSST Public Speaking
CLEP American Government
And some other ethics course, preferably DSST or CLEP for ease of testing/studying

If that's the case I can get this done in weeks vs. months and my time is worth more these days. Smile
Goal: TESC A.A. General Studies, started 12/2011

6 Prior Credits (AP English)

Passed: DSST Intro to Computing, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, CLEP English Composition, DSST Substance Abuse, CLEP US History 1, DSST Environment & Humanities, DSST Management Information Systems, CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics, ClEP Principles of Microeconomics. CLEP Humanities, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, DSST Public Speaking, CLEP Introductory Sociology

54/60
$3000 vs $444 plus some extra work.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:$3000 vs $444 plus some extra work.
Well, unfortunately right now I feel like I'm working 3 jobs. I do a lot of freelance work, and I'm building a startup on the side. So I literally have negative time these days. I want to get this degree out of the way so I can focus on other things.

That said, I have 12 credits of tests scheduled for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I'm not overdoing it.

DSST Public Speaking (have no idea how to study for this one, but I do public speaking as a part of my job)
CLEP American Gov
CLEP Introductory Sociology
DSST Business Ethics and Society

Passed: DSST Intro to Computing, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, CLEP English Composition, DSST Substance Abuse, CLEP US History 1, DSST Environment & Humanities, DSST Management Information Systems, CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics, ClEP Principles of Microeconomics. CLEP Humanities, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, DSST Public Speaking, CLEP Introductory Sociology

54/60
RA808 Wrote:DSST Public Speaking (have no idea how to study for this one, but I do public speaking as a part of my job)

Free-Clep-Prep Public Speaking
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
Does ALEKS still count for credits at TESC?

54/60
Just a bump to get clarification on ALEKS.

54/60
It should as long as it is ACE approved. It is fairly popular. The degree requirements changed in July. Math no longer counts as natural science I believe and they changed the math requirement in the Gen Eds slightly. ALEKS Intermediate Algebra or College Algebra both satisfy the new quantitative requirement. ALEKS may also satisfy Gen Ed electives and free electives.

Sanantone's TESC General Education Options After July 1, 2015 - Degree Forum Wiki
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Yes it looks like it's still ACE approved. Thank you!

54/60
I'm confused. Help me out...........

As I type this, I believe I have fulfilled every requirement for the TESC AA in General Studies. It is my understanding that there is no residency requirement? Which tuition plan would I need?

Edit - It looks like I'd have to pay $ 3296 just for them to process my transcripts and graduate me. Is that right? Where did the $ 444 above come from?

Thanks!
BA, Liberal Studies - Charter Oak State College, 2018
AAS, Police Administration - Nashville State Community College, 2016
AAS, Board of Governors, West Virginia University at Parkersburg, 2015

Post #5 & #16
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,609 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,896 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,522 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,740 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,825 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,837 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU LIberal Studies, what qualifies jeffreymb 9 2,262 07-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,647 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,626 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU jsh1138 32 6,164 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jsh1138