Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC
cookderosa Wrote:]Yes! A&I Lit will also fall here, so do some shifting so you'll meet the "2 areas" inside humanities. Before you ask, yes, you can split the 6 credits so that 3 fill humanities and 3 fall into genera education electives.

None of the exams require you to be enrolled anywhere. That's the beauty of CLEP. Anyone any age can take them. Two options. 1) complete your TESC application ($75) so that for the next 6 months, you won't be enrolled but CLEP/DSST will send your exams scores to TESC for free and they will hang n to them for you until you enroll. Option 2) just test. When the time comes that you want to apply, pay CLEP $20 and they will send a complete list of your passing scores to TESC. Only con with option 2 is that you have to do it in one shot- like after you're done testing- or you'll be out another $20.

yes, that happens here lol.
Interesting on splitting the credits. I'll have to see what makes the most sense.

I guess I will do the application now so that I can start sending exam scores and then enroll soon before I am eligible to complete the AA.

What would be super ideal is that I enroll, and am able to then finish a BA/BS within the year timeframe. It might be unrealistically ambitious, but then again - maybe not.

Is there a list of BS/BA majors at TESC that you can completely "test out" of? Although I may want to do a couple classes for a GPA, just in case I decide to do a masters in the future.

Lastly, if I did a class at a local university and transferred the credits to TESC while enrolled there, would the GPA count?
My course grades from CC show on my transcript, but did not apply to my TESC GPA. From what I've read here, it's likely your grad school will request transcripts from all the schools whose courses appear on your TESC transcript. That's why I didn't worry about having a GPA from TESC since I was graded on these CC courses.
4 FEMA credits down, 8 more to go. Should be a cinch. Just a little time consuming, but not too bad. Nice to be 1/3 done with the degree without really having to do much of anything, totally free.
Quick question: I just passed DSST Intro to Computing. Can I now take CLEP Information Systems & Computer Applications towards my TESC AA degree, or no?

I have read they have a lot of overlap.
Goal: TESC A.A. General Studies, started 12/2011

6 Prior Credits (AP English)

Passed: DSST Intro to Computing, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, CLEP English Composition, DSST Substance Abuse, CLEP US History 1, DSST Environment & Humanities, DSST Management Information Systems, CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics, ClEP Principles of Microeconomics. CLEP Humanities, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, DSST Public Speaking, CLEP Introductory Sociology

54/60
From my understanding, No, they over-lap (duplicate). Both are COS-101.
Home-School/College Facilitator
18 yr. old DS~69 credits-Exams passed~Sociology, Psychology, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Computing,Fundamentals of Counseling, Introduction to World Religions, Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Substance Abuse, Environment and Humanity:The Race to Save the Planet, Aleks (15cr.), 27 Fema, 3 NFA

16 yr. old DD~27 credits-Exams passed~Sociology, Psychology, Human Growth & Development, Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Substance Abuse, Aleks (12), 3 Fema
momtomany5 Wrote:From my understanding, No, they over-lap. Both are COS-101.
Makes sense. Thanks!

Passed: DSST Intro to Computing, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, CLEP English Composition, DSST Substance Abuse, CLEP US History 1, DSST Environment & Humanities, DSST Management Information Systems, CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics, ClEP Principles of Microeconomics. CLEP Humanities, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, DSST Public Speaking, CLEP Introductory Sociology

54/60
Quick question: AP English Literature and Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP don't cancel one another out, right? They are separate equivalencies?

54/60
RA808 Wrote:Quick question: AP English Literature and Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP don't cancel one another out, right? They are separate equivalencies?

I'm going to say 99% sure you're fine using both BECAUSE CLEP Brit Lit does not duplicate A&I Lit, so I'm just assuming it'll be the same. You can use all 3 lit tests for TESC.
cookderosa Wrote:I'm going to say 99% sure you're fine using both BECAUSE CLEP Brit Lit does not duplicate A&I Lit, so I'm just assuming it'll be the same. You can use all 3 lit tests for TESC.

This is the second time on this forum I've seen the English lit clep referred to as Brit Lit. May I ask why? Is it just so folks don't confuse English with American?
bricabrac Wrote:This is the second time on this forum I've seen the English lit clep referred to as Brit Lit. May I ask why? Is it just so folks don't confuse English with American?

LOL, not on purpose for me, it's a slip I always make. In AP and CLEP, it is correctly called English Literature. I think I started saying Brit as to not confuse English Literature with English Comp. But, you're right, we should use the right names. I do that all the time <slaps own hand>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,592 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,871 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,503 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,733 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,814 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,828 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU LIberal Studies, what qualifies jeffreymb 9 2,261 07-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,633 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,623 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU jsh1138 32 6,153 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jsh1138