Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC
sanantone Wrote:For most of the liberal arts, intermediate algebra is the lowest. For business administration, precalculus or quantitative analysis is required.
Gotcha. But at least I could use the Intermediate Algebra as a gen education elective for the business degree?
Goal: TESC A.A. General Studies, started 12/2011

6 Prior Credits (AP English)

Passed: DSST Intro to Computing, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, CLEP English Composition, DSST Substance Abuse, CLEP US History 1, DSST Environment & Humanities, DSST Management Information Systems, CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics, ClEP Principles of Microeconomics. CLEP Humanities, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, DSST Public Speaking, CLEP Introductory Sociology

54/60
Just passed the halfway mark. 27 credits in 5 weeks. Smile

Passed: DSST Intro to Computing, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, CLEP English Composition, DSST Substance Abuse, CLEP US History 1, DSST Environment & Humanities, DSST Management Information Systems, CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics, ClEP Principles of Microeconomics. CLEP Humanities, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, DSST Public Speaking, CLEP Introductory Sociology

54/60
Good job. Now please strongly consider going all the way when you hit 60 credits. You can definitely do it.
ALEKS -- Assessment and Learning, K-12, Higher Education, Automated Tutor, Math is good for a bunch of math credits at TESC and it is only $20 per month. You can start with intermediate algebra.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:Good job. Now please strongly consider going all the way when you hit 60 credits. You can definitely do it.
ALEKS -- Assessment and Learning, K-12, Higher Education, Automated Tutor, Math is good for a bunch of math credits at TESC and it is only $20 per month. You can start with intermediate algebra.
Thank you. Yes, I think I'm going to do that next in addition to the Substance Abuse test I have scheduled. That will be my plan for the next month and should bring me up to 39 or 42 credits, depending on how much I do on the ALEKS site. I'd take more tests, but math is really where I'm probably the weakest right now and I want to be focused on it. After I finish that, I'll be able to blast through some more tests.

54/60
Substance Abuse was easy.

I'm going to be extremely busy in the next couple of months between work, side jobs, and other things.

For that reason, I want the next 3-4 tests I take to be as easy as possible with as little studying necessary. In addition, I'm going to start intermediate algebra via ALEKS.

Does anyone have any recommendations on tests to take?

54/60
Well since you're looking for General Education Electives, here are my picks based on the ones I've taken:
-Management Info Systems DSST (CIS-301) - Since you took the Intro to Computing exam you should study up and take this one (upper level!)
For this test make sure you note the differences in the content (see the exam guide on getcollegecredit.com).
-Human Cultural Geography DSST (GOG-120)
If you have an interest in this or the Enviro & Humanity test I'd say it is doable, for me I used knowledge from an Enviro Geology course I took.
-Environment & Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet DSST (ENS-201)

After your AA what's next?
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
cooperalex2004 Wrote:After your AA what's next?
A bachelor's for sure. Not sure which. I'd like something related to marketing, or at the least business - however, I want to test out as much as possible.

54/60
Posting this mostly for my own edification. Smile

Red is what I still have to do.

Associate in Arts Credit Distribution

Subject/Category Credits
I. General Education 48
A. English Composition 6
College Composition CLEP 6
B. Humanities (must include two subject areas) 12
AP English Literature 3
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 6
Straighterline BUS105 (Business Communication) 3
C. Social Sciences (must include two subject areas) 12
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Macroeconomics CLEP 3
Microeconomics CLEP 3[/COLOR]
Substance Abuse DSST 3

D. Natural Sciences (must include at least two subject areas) 9
One college-level mathematics course (required) 3
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra 3
One computer science course (strongly recommended) 3
Intro to Computers DSST 3
Other natural sciences/mathematics
(3)
E. General Education Electives 9
AP English Literature 3
DSST Race To Save the Planet 3
CLEP U.S. History I: Early Colonizations to 1877 3
II. Free Electives 12
FEMA courses 12
Total 60

Still need another natural science and another social science test to take.

Might add Personal Finance?

54/60
Great job. This AA looks good for a stepping stone to a BSBA since you have some of the business core in there.
How about ALEKs intro to statistics for the nat sci/math? That is required for a BSBA so it puts you in a good position for that degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,496 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,731 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,811 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,827 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU LIberal Studies, what qualifies jeffreymb 9 2,260 07-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,622 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU jsh1138 32 6,153 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jsh1138