Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about Changing degree paths
Hey all,

Well unfortunately I am one of the few people who failed the Strategic Management TECEP by 2 points!! Angry Angry , and because of it I am now no longer able to get the degree done ASAP which is going to cause a few things in my life to fall through, I am still looking to get my degree  but since I am forced in to a 3 month class with no other options I am debating about switching over to Liberal Studies mainly because right now it will be much easier to complete vs going through a general management degree and dealing with a difficult capstone that would cause more stress and potentially add on more time (memory retention is my bane). I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can answer
1. how easy is it to change my degree plan? how long would it take?

2. what would happen to most of the business focused courses that I do have completed if I switched?
I will weather this storm!

Thanks for the input

(Please ignore my signature it is outdated.)
TESC BSBA Gen. management
15/120
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra Done!, College Algebra Done!, Intro to stats Done!
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone Done!, Cyber Security for IT professionals Done! Cyber Security for Business Professionals Done!
Straighter Line:
Study.com:
The Institues: Ethics In Progress
ed4online:
TECEP:Strategic Management In progress
1) Changing the degree plan is relatively straight forward and easy, length of time of completion would be your speed.
I would use a spreadsheet to find out what is required for the BSBA and the BALS if you switch over. If you ultimately do decide to go with the BALS, get as many SHMOOP credits as possible for it.

2) The BALS allows 20 general education credits to be arts/sciences, etc and 27 FREE credits to be practically anything
The courses you have completed for the business can be bumped into the 27 free credits area. If you have more general education credits, then bump those to the 20 gen ed section.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The liberal studies capstone is a mini-thesis. The business capstone may actually be less difficult. Take a look at the syllabus if it's available.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
As someone who also failed the TECEP (by 3 points), I will have to take the Business Capstone.

I have never heard anyone on this forum say that the Business Capstone is more difficult than the Liberal Arts Capstone.

Regarding the difficulty of switching, I would say that it depends on how far along you are. If you want to post your current credits, I can help you figure it out. But, if you've taken a lot of the business core and AOS courses, they are all considered Free Electives, and you'll probably lose credits. That's not even mentioning that anything that's UL business will no longer count as UL, because only UL in your AOS count as the 18cr needed. So I'm thinking it's not worth switching.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Guessing you are working on a business degree because you are in the field of business or found it to be the most practical for your desired field. Even though 3 months is a pain to have to wait when trying to hit a deadline for your BSBA, I am not seeing the value to drop a business degree for a liberal arts degree.

Now, if a degree is a degree is a degree and there is no greater value for what it is in, I would personally still figure out this BSBA hurdle and just look at this as a small blip in your successful journey to a BSBA.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,653 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero