Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about TESU
Hello to everyone. This is my first time posting here. I’ve been digesting all of this wonderful and useful information for the past two days-- searching for the most time efficient way to utilize my 93 community college credits because a transfer adviser told me I would need 18 more classes (54 credits) for a Bachelor’s of Business Administration Degree.
Since I'm a NJ resident, I'm leaning toward TESU but I’m still researching alternatives so I think I’m in the right place!
2thekeys Wrote:Hello to everyone. This is my first time posting here. I’ve been digesting all of this wonderful and useful information for the past two days-- searching for the most time efficient way to utilize my 93 community college credits because a transfer adviser told me I would need 18 more classes (54 credits) for a Bachelor’s of Business Administration Degree.
Since I'm a NJ resident, I'm leaning toward TESU but I’m still researching alternatives so I think I’m in the right place!

Being a Resident of NJ won't help you with costs unless you are planning on actually taking classes at TESU directly. Also can you please post up your credits and grades. That's the only way we can really help.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Welcome!

If you want to share the credits you've accumulated, there's a few folks here who are very knowledgeable about the bsba path that might be willing to help map it out with you
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thank you for the responses. My credits are attached below. I lost my job earlier this year so I have been taking cc classes through a local county program while figuring out my next move. My goal is to be in the archival science field which requires a graduate degree to be considered for most opportunities. My employment background is business and I am receiving an AS Paralegal Studies Dec 16.
I appreciate any input, ideas, insight, thoughts...

.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Credits dec 2016.docx (Size: 16.34 KB / Downloads: 1)
2thekeys Wrote:Thank you for the responses. My credits are attached below. I lost my job earlier this year so I have been taking cc classes through a local county program while figuring out my next move. My goal is to be in the archival science field which requires a graduate degree to be considered for most opportunities. My employment background is business and I am receiving an AS Paralegal Studies Dec 16.
I appreciate any input, ideas, insight, thoughts...

Credits dec 2016.docx

What degree are you looking at getting a TESU?
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Business Administration or Liberal Studies.
So in looking at the BSBA in General Management from TESU, there are 26cr that will not work in the plan; all of the Paralegal courses won't fit. You can still get the BSBA obviously, but there will be those "wasted" credits. It will probably cost you about $4000 and you'll need 18 courses (so almost half of a degree).

Another option is to get your BSPS (BS in Professional Studies). This will help a bit in the number of courses you can use (5 of your Paralegal courses will work, and microecon & computers will go up to finish off your Gen Ed Electives), but you'll still be fairly limited because there aren't a lot of free electives available with this degree. You're still at needing 16 courses, but because the capstone is $1500, you are up to it costing $5,400.

I think you should look into COSC instead, as they have a General Studies BA/BS with a concentration in Paralegal Studies, as well as a BSBA with more flexibility than TESU offers. I'm not as familiar with their degrees, so I can't give you a cost, but I think that a lot more of your courses will transfer in, leaving you with a lot fewer requirements to be met.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For transfer credit TESU will only accept up to 80 credits from a CC to be used for a degree. All CC credits will transfer in and be listed on the transcript but only 80 credits from CC would be applied towards the degree.

http://www.tesu.edu/admissions/Transfer-Credit.cfm
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Thank you so much for taking the time to look over my credits. This whole process is so overwhelming to me. I appreciate the suggestions about the paralegal classes-it would be nice to receive some transfer credits for them. I’ll check out Charter Oak and TESU Professional Studies next.
Thanks again!
Thanks for the link. I applied to TESU to see what credits they will accept. Still waiting to hear back.
I'm trying to work out a plan maybe taking CLEP and DSST to satisfy 300 level credits. so I hope I'm on the right track.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,997 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,669 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,741 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,333 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,391 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,868 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore