Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Thinking about taking the Capstone at TESU? Here's what you have to do now!!
cypster Wrote:I've really enjoyed writing this paper. With Chapter 5 graded now, I think it's safe to say that I will most likely pass this class! Big Grin All that remains now will be to combine the five individual chapters into my Final Paper. Do you any of you know how I can edit my original post in this thread? I do not see an edit button.

after 24 hours or so you can no longer edit older posts

congrats on all your hard work!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks jsd! I was afraid that might be the case.
Do we need to wait until the end to do our capstone? Or can we do it anytime throughout the degree plan?
and
How did y'all pic your topic? is there a list to choose from? or is it literally anything in the world we want to study and write about?
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
[-] The following 1 user Likes BingCherry's post:
  • omuneek
BingCherry Wrote:Do we need to wait until the end to do our capstone? Or can we do it anytime throughout the degree plan?
and
How did y'all pic your topic? is there a list to choose from? or is it literally anything in the world we want to study and write about?

Great question BingCherry. According to the Academnic Express Line (not always highly reputable unfortunately) the Capstone can be taken at any time. According to the Registrars office, the Capstone can only be taken after fulfilling certain prerequisites. If you want to know for certain, I would suggest asking your Academic Advisor next time you speak with them.

In regards to your second question, the topic should theoretically be related to your area of study but in practice you can write about almost any subject that you are familiar with as long as you and your instructor agree that it adds to the body of knowledge in your chosen area. Some teachers provide sample papers and oothers do not. My instructor did not provide any topics so I gave him a list of 3 topics that I had already considered before the class and let him know the one that I was leaning towards and he quickly agreed. Prior to the class I actually stumbled across what would later become my final topic while researching for a completely different topic so don't feel constrained by your first choice.

I also came up with a lot of good ideas by digging endlessly through the forums. Here are a few good links that discuss various aspects of the capstone that may help you or others out. Let me know if there's any other information I can share to help. By the way I have Dr. Andrew Tomko and he has been very easy to work with! Smile

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...one-6.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-post.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-tesu.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...study.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-tesc.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...dback.html
(01-17-2017, 02:48 PM)plaidwandering Wrote: I just finished my capstone with an A on all chapters and final.

I was completely afraid of it before hand, had never written a big paper and thought I could never do it. Once I started though, it was a breeze.

I pretty much did none of those things and it worked out ok. I probably only read a few pages in the book, however what I did do was read a half dozen sample papers. They are available if you search here.

The anxiety before was so much worse than just doing it.

Hi,
I am registering for LIB495 July Session.  Would you mind telling me the name of your instructor for the capstone?  Thanks
BA Liberal Studies, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
ASNSM, Computer Science, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AS General Studies, 2016, Northwestern State University, LA
This is a pretty old thread. You might be better off posting the question for recent student input.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,205 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic