Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Excelsior Alum...
will be doing two bodybuilding competitions this August. I will be competing in bikini in one contest and the other in figure. (both those categories are the more feminine side of bodybuilding but still more muscle than your typical female). Am really excited.

Wish me luck!
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
april004 Wrote:will be doing two bodybuilding competitions this August. I will be competing in bikini in one contest and the other in figure. (both those categories are the more feminine side of bodybuilding but still more muscle than your typical female). Am really excited.

Wish me luck!

Good Luck April!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
The very best of luck
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Rocky Wrote:Rocky: My ol' man, he was never too smart. He says to me, 'You weren't born with much of a brain, ya know, so uh, ya better start using your body, right?' So I become a fighter. Ya know what I mean. [Adrian chuckles softly] Why are ya laughing?
Adrian: My mother, she said the opposite thing.
Rocky: What did she say? What did she say the opposite?
Adrian: She said, 'You weren't born with much of a body, so ya better develop your brain.'
What the two of them failed to see was that even greater feats could be accomplished by developing both your mind and body. Consider yourself living proof of that. I'm rooting for you!!! Smile
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

Best of luck! Keep us posted! :hurray:
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Glad to see you develop your mind and body.
I too am doing both "mind and body" and it feels great.
BTW sick Abs.
Good Luck.
I never mentioned how I did...

For bikini I placed 4th. Sounds not so bad , right? But I placed 4 out of 4 so it was DEAD LAST.

I was upsest but I decided to compete again. I was told that my abs were too cut by a judge. LOL. They wanted a softer look.

For figure I placed 1st in my class and first overall.

Did another comp in Sept where I placed 4th in figure but there were a lot of girls competing so that 4th actually felt better than my 4th in the bikini comp.

Contemplating another contest after April.(For some comps, a 35 yr old is considered Master Class. So I won't have to be up against 18 yr olds. )

With each contest I have to write out my bio for the presenter to read. I always mention Excelsior College!
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
To cut? That's rediculous!
Congrats on placing first overall in figure! :hurray:

Not sure what the abs look like these days, but if they're similar to the profile pic then I wouldn't worry about it. Chalk it up to personal preference on the part of the judges and move on.

Good luck!
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Awesome, Numero Uno!!! It takes a lot of discipline to maintain a six pack, not to mention being hungry all the time. Oh well, time to chow down on my leftovers of a carne asada torta, kung pao chicken, pastrami chili cheese fries, and a shrimp cocktail, my version of Hometown Buffet. I won't be going to the beach anytime soon.

Keep up the good work.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malcolm Nance: Excelsior BA to Cable News Star to Fighting for Ukraine Jonathan Whatley 9 875 05-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Obituary for former Excelsior English adjunct Sparklette 0 628 07-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,637 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Books for Sale! Excelsior CCS 120 EI2HCB 1 1,329 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  HELP! Excelsior's phone is disconnected and e-mails from AOL are coming back P00057870 6 2,073 01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  *facepalm* Excelsior says I need two more classes rickyjo 26 3,874 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Last Post: creative
  Soon Excelsior will reach the subconscious minds april004 23 4,214 11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Would you like to become an advisor at Excelsior? gus 2 1,054 09-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Last Post: bawhitsett
  Excelsior athletics team- Interested? Runner4064 4 1,819 06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Last Post: TShoem
  How much left to walk at Excelsior? Ronin 5 1,659 03-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Gary