Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This could be great! - Spanish @ Sophia

.jpeg   77161168-CB0E-45C2-B408-CB892BEB5773.jpeg (Size: 488.37 KB / Downloads: 55) So on the ACE website I was searching for other foreign language courses that could satisfy UMPI BLS requirement and I stumbled on this (see attachment). It’s not on Sophia yet, but I am hoping very soon!! I emailed Sophia regarding the launch of Spanish 1. I will report back on their response. I love the Sophia format and I won’t be as nervous about a FL if I can take it there. Fingers crossed! Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Jennr2z's post:
  • clj626, ISKBizz15, MNomadic, rachel83az
Bear in mind that the Sophia course is likely going to require at least two Touchstones: an oral presentation and a written paper are mentioned in the "Methods of Assessment" in the National Guide. https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1 For a lot of people, that would still make ICC the easiest way to get credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ISKBizz15, ss20ts
It looks great, but if it has a presentation and a paper I will still go with ICC for easy of doing.
That is fantastic!! Especially for those who - for whatever reason - just want to stick with the Sophia platform. Like, for me, I get Sophia for free as an “employee” benefit. Also now there are even more options to earn credits on Sophia. Who hoo! I hope French is next for foreign languages (because my son took French and could possibly knock out that class before starting college).
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Ooooh… I see they are also adding Human Biology. I wonder how that would work with those that would need a lab.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

(05-06-2022, 07:46 AM)Vle045 Wrote: That is fantastic!!  Especially for those who - for whatever reason - just want to stick with the Sophia platform.  Like, for me, I get Sophia for free as an “employee” benefit.  Also now there are even more options to earn credits on Sophia.  Who hoo!   I hope French is next for foreign languages (because my son took French and could possibly knock out that class before starting college).

For me computer proctored exams cause anxiety  Big Grin So the Sophia platform fits my style much better. 

(05-06-2022, 09:29 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Ooooh… I see they are also adding Human Biology.  I wonder how that would work with those that would need a lab.
I took the Sophia Human Bio. It was a great course! I already had prior Bio with lab, so I was ok, but I think the recommendation is the 1 unit lab class on Study? 
https://www.sophia.org/online-courses/sc...-biology-2
(05-06-2022, 09:29 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Ooooh… I see they are also adding Human Biology.  I wonder how that would work with those that would need a lab.

I took Human Biology on Sophia over a year ago.
Damn, I was just about to post this lol! Having more options for a foreign language is always a good thing. While it may be extra work, I personally think the addition of written/oral assignments for a foreign language course is a good idea for applying what you learn. I know I've taken a couple of programming courses that had no application of the concepts, just multiple-choice tests, and I felt that was inadequate.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Jennr2z
(05-06-2022, 09:48 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

I took Human Biology on Sophia over a year ago.

Apparently I overlooked it.  Probably because I hate Biology and would never in a million years take another biology class
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

I think the InstantCertCredit course offered for $20 + $15/proctor exam is hard to beat, I would recommend this course instead. Having said that, if you're one of those people who are cranking out 1 Sophia.org course a day (or something speedy like that), and you can get this course done in record time, it'll be a "freebie" add on... then why not? I suggest staying with Sophia.org
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 305 10 hours ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 762 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,177 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,283 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 301 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 637 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 896 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 876 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 338 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle