Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Edison State College Upper level Accounting Credit - HELP!
Hello!

I have been looking at the Internet for a while now to try and find inexpensive ways to finish my degree in accounting. I have taken classes at 4 different universities and 1 community college and am very close to actually having my diploma. I wanted the advice of what I see as alternative degree experts. I want to thank everyone on here for actually giving me the idea and structure to finish my degree in ways that I could never have imagined. I am maxed out when it comes to student loans and finances so I need ideas of fast and inexpensive ways to finish my last 21 credits.

Listed below.

Business Communications 3 (Straighterline)
Computer Literacy 3
Intermediate Accounting II 3 (Penn Foster)
Cost Accounting 3 (Penn Foster)
Income Tax Accounting I 3
Income Tax Accounting I 3
Auditing 3

I listed in parenthesis my plan for some of the classes above, but the classes that I am having trouble with are the 3 upper level accounting courses. Is there any way to receive credit for these that will transfer into ACE credit? I am willing to substitute any of these classes to make the road easier to a TESC degree in accounting. I am also not sure what to take for the computer literacy course.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated. Again I couldn't have come this far without the knowledge of everyone on here.
Saylor has NCCRS-accredited Corporate Communication and Intro to Computer Science for just the ProctorU fees.

Also, Penn Foster has Intermediate Accounting I and II as currently ACE-approved courses.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
The Federal Income Taxation TECEP is UL. You'll probably have to take auditing somewhere else. Louisiana State University Independent Study is a popular option for UL accounting courses.
Sanantone's BSBA in Accounting - Degree Forum Wiki
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Straighterline's Managerial Accounting counts as ACC-303, UL credit with TESC. Exams are open book and builds on Accounting II.
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
The course through Straighterline will transfer as Cost Accounting so I'm pretty sure it will duplicate if you take the Penn Foster class too. Just an FYI!!

Also, I'm taking Auditing from Adams State University. Business Courses - Distance Learning - Extended Studies - Adams State University
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Thanks for all the replies - I actually am in the process of taking Intermediate Accounting II and Cost Accounting through Penn Foster so I have those pretty much out of the way. I will register next month for Straighterline for Business Communications. I just really need ways to get credit for 3 upper level accounting courses as well as the computer class.

Thanks again.
[COLOR="#0000FF"]"The course through Straighterline will transfer as Cost Accounting so I'm pretty sure it will duplicate if you take the Penn Foster class too. Just an FYI!!

Also, I'm taking Auditing from Adams State University. Business Courses - Distance Learning - Extended Studies - Adams State University"[/COLOR]

Perfect - The auditing course is exactly what I was referring to. The price is great - how is the class. Is it anything like Penn Foster?

Thanks!
Check out fulfilling the computer requirement through Saylor.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
DeterminedStudent Wrote:[COLOR="#0000FF"]"The course through Straighterline will transfer as Cost Accounting so I'm pretty sure it will duplicate if you take the Penn Foster class too. Just an FYI!!

Also, I'm taking Auditing from Adams State University. Business Courses - Distance Learning - Extended Studies - Adams State University"[/COLOR]

Perfect - The auditing course is exactly what I was referring to. The price is great - how is the class. Is it anything like Penn Foster?

Thanks!

Okay, sorry, I should have clarified that I haven't taken the course yet, but I'm planning on taking it to fulfill my auditing requirement. Also, make sure you note the course for $495 is a print based course. The online, open enrollment course is $600. Here's the syllabuses....

http://www.adams.edu/extended_studies/im...nt2011.pdf - print based course
http://www.adams.edu/extended_studies/im...en2011.pdf - online course

Sorry, I couldn't be more help! Smile
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
HorseManiac Wrote:Okay, sorry, I should have clarified that I haven't taken the course yet, but I'm planning on taking it to fulfill my auditing requirement. Also, make sure you note the course for $495 is a print based course. The online, open enrollment course is $600. Here's the syllabuses....

http://www.adams.edu/extended_studies/im...nt2011.pdf - print based course
http://www.adams.edu/extended_studies/im...en2011.pdf - online course

Sorry, I couldn't be more help! Smile

Perfect thanks - Just wondering,what are your plans for your other UL accounting classes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,499 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,100 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,088 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,746 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,850 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 27,001 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU My Edison log-in trouble JanuarySunshine 4 2,509 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,686 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,015 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd